46re wont shift out of 1st

BP is our resident trans guru - refer to his post #37....

tests good BUT experience has no substitute

billr

wrench
Staff member
Agreed, look at bp's post #37, I think that relates to a problem that would not be in the VB; also consider my suggestion in #42. How was the VB " gone through"? Were all the bores and spools air-gauged? Was a full Sonnax kit installed? I'm no expert on those things, just know from experience that it is hard to tell if they are really OK from visual inspection.

bp042665

hunting nut
Well i just did a 99 dodge p/u had a no shift problem unless you got it up to 35mph and let off gas then it would up shift replaced the gov sensor and gov pressure solenoids and fixed it cost was about 90 bucks just to let you know what to test oh and no codes were set but live data seen no pressure rise and no up shift

Welp i put the gov sensor and pressure se from the one i replaced since they worked before and what the hell do ya know, it flippin worked. To all of you that chimed in THANKS. This has been a great site and i cant thank you all enough. I wish i could buy you all a beer but i think i drank most of them throughout this process.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Tell your friends, relatives, and co-workers about us. We would enjoy having more traffic here.