[4T60E] Quad Driver Module B Fault (PWM TCC) After Shoddy Rebuild

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
With the advent of multiplex data lines, the "trickery" you talk about is no longer feasible because the modules have a prerogative. Which is to protect it self.

A pcm back in the day of a 1993 olds looked like a lot of old guys were going to retire.

Now obd3 is coming. Soon. http://lobby.la.psu.edu/_107th/093_...atements/sema/sema_obd_frequent_questions.htm

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I don't often open up on public. But I am also of german heritage. Breton and Germanic descent. @+2 will always = z if said the wrong way.

This site allowed me to become the guy I wanted to be. But my co wrenches don't like my pop up videos. I guess I am a canadian arse. And I like it that way.

Anyway. I love this site

Yeah, these newer cars with their complex computers and data streams and electronically-controlled everything... they don't interest me at all. In fact, they frighten me. Anyone with some know-how could literally hijack your car and drive you off a cliff or into a tree or whatever.

And that does happen. Influential people who run afoul of the powers that be... have "unfortunate accidents" at 100mph.
That's why I'll only ever drive something with hydraulic brakes/steering and cable-driven throttle body. Also, no "OnStar" type nonsense for me. It will always remain simply impossible to remotely control anything on my vehicle. Call me paranoid, but that's how I roll.

I think my '93 with the 3800 is somewhere in the sweet spot for performance vs complexity, and just enough computer/electronics for high efficiency, but not so much that you need a computer to fix it. I mean, it makes 225 ft-lbs of torque and gets ~25mpg and can 100% be fixed with wrenches and a multimeter. That ain't bad even by today's standards.

The newest vehicle I'd get, and what I want to get, is a 2001-2003 Silverado/Tahoe/Surburban with the LS engine. Still hydraulic and cable-driven in those years.

Last edited:
I don't often open up on public. But I am also of german heritage. Breton and Germanic descent. @+2 will always = z if said the wrong way.

This site allowed me to become the guy I wanted to be. But my co wrenches don't like my pop up videos. I guess I am a canadian arse. And I like it that way.

Anyway. I love this site
That's cool. I wasn't familiar with this site. In the past, I usually ended up on other sites every couple years when I had auto related questions.
As for non-auto related forums... I've had many, many homes over the years. I usually end up getting banned for being outspoken and not-at-all politically correct.

bp042665

hunting nut
ok so light is off and if you still want help with side cover removal and help with the solenoids let me know sorry so late getting back to this was in KY for transmission class just got back to shop today

grcauto

ok so light is off and if you still want help with side cover removal and help with the solenoids let me know sorry so late getting back to this was in KY for transmission class just got back to shop today
If you don't mind me asking....What company did the class and who was your instructor?

Hey thanks, man. I'm going to try and tackle all the needed repairs in a couple of weeks when I'll have several days free and won't have to drive anywhere. Gonna try to get all the new parts installed that have been collecting dust for over a year: ball joints, power steering pump shaft seal, new throttle body, intake and valve cover gaskets... and of course look at the trans solenoid. Should result in a giant mess of fluids.