6F35 high erratic line pressure

bp042665

transmission guy
true bill but it has to have the shift adpative cleared out and do a relearn to see if it is the pump or other cross leak

billr

wrench
Staff member
BP, have you looked at the video posted at the start of this thread? I believe that was taken while the vehicle was standing still, no shifting. That kind of wild-and-random pressure variation is unlikely to be "commanded" intentionally; I am doubting the adaptive parameters could ever do it.

Steinkebunch

Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I left some info out that may have been important. I have driven the transmission 6k miles since the original rebuild. It has exhibited the pressures in the video since the rebuild. So it would have relearned by now I think.

I’m going to try one more thing before I remove and check the pump. That is replacing the main body gasket and separator plate and while I’m at it double checking that it gets seated properly to avoid any cross leaks. I didn’t see any issues with the gasket but I’ll replace again for good measure. The rebuild gasket kit was not bonded to the plate, and I bought one that is, so I’ll try that.

bp042665

transmission guy
yes i did miss the video crap monitor i am using but a pump might have a issue on the mating surface or a pressure reg vale problem and yes the relearn happens every 20 ignition cycle

billr

wrench
Staff member
Yeah, I confess I didn't look at the video in the beginning, myself. Once I saw that needle flutter I became convinced this isn't just a relearn issue. and, the OP says the pressure even drops drastically (30psi?) at times; not shown in video