Butter

Make
Chevrolet
Model
Silverado 1500
Year
Miles
Engine
The 6L80E transmission in my 2013 Silverado 1500 recently overheated and started slipping. While rebuilding the transmission I found the plastic alignment plate had melted in the oil pump. I replaced all the clutches and seals, the oil pump, bell housing and reinstalled the transmission back in the pickup. When I took the pickup out for a test drive it would shift 1st and reverse normally but when I would accelerate to where it should shift into 2nd it acts like it's slipping and then all of a sudden grabs and almost stops the vehicle and goes back in the first gear. I believe it's locking into limp mode. I hauled the pick up to the dealer and have them reprogram the transmission but that did not fix the problem. It's not throwing any codes so I'm not sure where to look next. I'm wondering if the TCC/shift control solenoid got too hot and is no longer shifting.

paulo57509

When you were tearing down the transmission, where (visually) was the evidence of the slipping?

Butter

When you were tearing down the transmission, where (visually) was the evidence of the slipping?
The only thing I found was in the oil pump, the plastic guide inside the oil pump had melted so the transmission was not getting the proper fluid when it warmed up. The bellhousing and the oil pump cover plate also had .005 to .006 wear on them.

Butter

The only thing I found was in the oil pump, the plastic guide inside the oil pump had melted so the transmission was not getting the proper fluid when it warmed up. The bellhousing and the oil pump cover plate also had .005 to .006 wear on them.
When I put the truck on jack stands and put it in gear the rear tires will turn in 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 gears at idle but lock up in 2nd gear.