Make
Chevrolet
Model
C10
Year
Miles
Engine
LS3
We recently installed a 700R4 in a ‘72 C-10. Everything is working fine, but we’re noticing an issue with the converter engagement when braking.

When you put your foot on the brake, it disengages the converter as it should. However, the second you let your foot off the brake it immediately locks the converter, and bogs the engine down.

This is out of my area of expertise, our mechanic/engine builder is out today, and the shop owner asked me to look in to the topic online. Most of what I’m finding are not specific enough to assist with our issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
However, the second you let your foot off the brake it immediately locks the converter, and bogs the engine down.
Faulty check way valve from booster to governor, but since I aint a trans guy, I cannot confirm.

But my mind would go there.

Just throwing that out there.

One of the most common symptoms I have ever seen related to a engine wanting to bog down or stall when releasing brake pedal, check valve. :rolleyes:

Maybe the above link will say better what my french brain is trying to say.

Anyway, good luck, hope someone else chirps in. BP is our resident guru here in trans dept.

grcauto

wrench
Are you sure it's releasing when the brake is applied? How are you determining that? Does it not release with throttle?

bp042665

transmission guy
most 700R4 have a computer that read the brake pedal to engage and dis engage what year 700R4 did you use in this