91 Acura Integra battery light comes on and engine bogs down only when fan is on

menkfam

My battery light come on and engine bogs down when I turn the fan on to any speed. I can turn on everything else including the windshield wipers, lights fog lights rear window defroster . . . . . at the same time without the fan and this will not happen. The fan sounds good at all speeds. Where might the short or excessive load be be?

Hondadude

Will the battery light come on if you turn on the rear window defroster?

That might help prove if the ALT is not putting out enough power or there is a short somewhere.

If you have a cheapo multi meter you can see if there is 14 volts at the battery terminals/connectors when the engine is running, or 12.5 volts on the battery with the engine off

dmac0923

usually the batt light is a sign of the alternator going. like mentioned above test the voltage. or if someone has a loadtester you can load test the electrical system.

check the cheap obvious stuff, make sure the battery connections are tight and clean and make sure your ground wire is clean and tight on the block/frame