91 Civic Hatchback Transmission

Scotty

I got a 1991 Honda Civic DX Hatchback with the 1.5L D15B2 paired with a 4 spd auto trans with 142,070 miles. I just freshly put in the timing belt this week and the car is running great, but the transmission, i got a issue with it. I took the car out on the road for about 50 miles on tuesday nite, the transmission is shifting very hard into 2nd and 4th gears. As i posted in the transmission treatment post, it is alittle dark, but not burnt transmission fluid. it is full like it should. Also, i notice that as I push the gas petal down, the transmission takes alittle bit of time to down shift to give me more power. How i can i fix that?? maybe a adjustment on the passing cable?? after u let the car warm up, the trans is going into every gear! ex. R, D4, D3, 2 and 1. Im still planning to take it to my mechiniac friend to have the fluid changed. will that help it if i change the transmission fluid out? I was told that the filter is inside the trans. will the flush and go solve it, or i should keep flushing the trans and put in the lubegard, or try something to get it shift smoother?? thanks Scotty

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
Good, Lots of info here!
The cable adjustment is "Critical". Do this quickly and correctly.
The filter is deep inside this trans and not serviceable under normal conditions, you would have to completely disassemble. However it is, for the most part, self cleaning.
The fluid change is simply drain and fill, don't forget to use only "Honda" fluid. A bottle of lubegard "black" wouldn't hurt either.
Let us know how you make out, Transman

Scotty

thanks for the info transman! As soon as i get some more $$ , i will get it done! its a fast little car! ;D Scotty