94 S-10 code 32

Parkman

This truck just had to have the C.A.T replaced, the only codes that keep coming back is this E.G.R code, truck runs fine now, but I don"t know how this e.g.r affects the C.A.T as far as plugging it. This is a 2.2 4cyl auto. with a vacum operated e.g.r and with about 75,000 miles on it.

kev2

wrench
I am confused (again ???) getting old sucks.
the cat was replaced WHY?
You mention "but I don"t know how this e.g.r affects the C.A.T as far as plugging it' the EGR, CAT whats pluggrd?

Did you check EGR operation? have checked 02 sensor readings....I believe when the ECM commands EGR then the ECM monitors 02 readings expecting to see a change when EGR opens....no change would set a code....

Parkman

The cat was replaced because it choked the motor down to sthalling. there are no other trouble codes but #32 and it doesn't have a electric e.g.r valve.

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
The first step is to see if the egr is capable of working. At idle, using a vacuum pump, operate the egr valve and see if the engine stalls or tries to stall. If the engine does not stall or stutter badly then the problem is probably clogged egr ports. Actualy, this egr valve can be manually operated by your finger pushing on the diaphragm inside. If it does stall the engine then the problem most likely is in "Control", the solenoid that opens vacuum to the egr valve needs to be checked. But one step at a time, see if the egr valve ports are clear. Post back, Transman