'96 Explorer

'96XL, 5.0 V\8 99K miles full package.

Hey guys,
I've had this vehicle 2 weeks tomorrow. I'm a fairly adept diy mechanic, but I'm at a loss so far with this thing. How can I get photos and diagrams that apply specificallyto this vehicle? I need to be able to do a basic tuneup myself.
Is the Chilton cd worthwhiled?
How about the 'AllData' subscription.
Nothing I have seen so far has helped me out at all.
I can't find the pcv or the EGR, at least I don't think I can yet.
Is the throttle body the gizmo that the air inlet duct & filter comes out of? I'm totally comfortable with Ford carbureted systems, but this is a bit intimidating. plus I'm too old to go to school.
I think I can change the oil. I have changed the oil filter and put new struts (lifters) on the hood.
Thanks for any advise/help
GR

The Alldata DIY is a real good way to go..You can get it through BAT in the upper right corner of the page..It has a lot of info and diagrams to help you with about anything you want to do on your truck....It also helps keep BAT alive by purchasing it through here..this is how good the diagrams are......Jim

Thanks Jim;
Got'er done. I'm now a proud member of AllData. I'm assuming that the pcv diagram is looking at the intake manifold from the front of the vehicle? (I can't access it right now)