96 Ford Ranger

Help! I have a 96 Ford Ranger, 4cyl, 2. 3 Liter, My check engine light has been on for a while, The code that comes up is 1443, but i cannot find that code in the book. I had the O2 sensor and EGR Valve replaced hoping that would correct the problem but it did not, the auto shop[ that did the work said they do not know what the code is exactly, they said it is just a process of elimination, another words they will replace a part that they think is the cause and if thats not it they will replace another, So my question is does anyone know what the code 1443 is and what do i need to do to fix it
Tobius

First you will need to scout out a new shop to handle routine repairs.
p1443- Evaporative Emission Control System

insp all vac hoses to canister, then the valves (purge sensor etc) in lines to canister, I will try to get to books BUT it is a holiday/travel day 

Code P1443 Possible Causes:

- Pinched, blocked or plugged fuel vapor tubes/hoses (except between fuel tank and EVAP canister)

- Damaged EVAP canister

- Disconnected, cracked or cut fuel vapor tubes/hoses (except between fuel tank and EVAP canister)

- Damaged EVAP canister purge valve or sensor if applicable

Notes: Check for audible vacuum noise in the engine compartment or significant fuel odor in the engine compartment or near the EVAP canister.

thanks, i will let you know how it goes, and yes i definitely need to find a better auto shop