99 Camry 2.2L Ignition module?

ScottVA2775

I'll be home this Monday and be able to take a look at things and hopefully provide answers to your questions.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I assumed IM because that's what I thought allowed the ateering lock mechanism to engage when the key is in the off position and unlock it when the key is turned to the on position. Am I wrong in that assumption?
I would say yes, you are wrong in this assumption. Plz dont hate on me for saying your wrong. But no way in hell does a IM influence steering lock mechanism.

However, maybe here we are having a all to familiar feeling of wrong terminology for application.

For me and maybe others, an ignition module is something that controls spark. Maybe for you, a IM is what you think is a key cylinder lock module

ScottVA2775

Ok. First, I had the wrong motor. It's the 1.8 4cyl. Second, it is a cable throttle to the throttle body. Third, the car isn't worth putting anymore money into to keep it going, so we decided to trade it in for something a bit newer with (hopefully) fewer or no problems.

Thank you all for your input.

Mobile Dan

wrench
If your "1999 Camry 2.2L" actually had a 1.8L, then I propose that the "Camry" was actually a Corolla.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
so I guess this is a fixed win win thread.

Beer time. ;)

Cars gone, trouble with it also.

Driving old cars take time and love. I have had 26 to maybe 29ish cars since I started driving when I was 16.

I am 46 soon. That is more than a car a year. You learn how to say goodbuy, even to to the good ones.

The toyotas I mean.

All the best old beaters I ever owned, point blank, toy.

So if you hate fixing cars like I do, cuz I fix em all day long, last thing I want to fix is my own shyte, you buy a toy.

but even then, they do rust out. But hey, tranny and engine fine. 500k kms on them, purr like a yamaha. Which they r btw.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
too much to ask what you traded it in for, or is that classified?

My newish car is a 2016 corrola BS "s" (emphasize on BS) and that 6 speed sucks compared to the echo 5 speed.

Anyway, off topic, but if I could put that 5 speed on that corrola engine, that would be tits up.

:p:fixed:

The six speed is just wonky..

I cannot find any other word. I heard a guy say they made this six speed on lunch break. Now that I own one, at -17c yeah, it sucks.

I am gonna try some prolab in there, and f with what other say here, this car is not made for walmart oil at - c degrees, every thing has to be synthetique to the max.

Anyway, I will probably sell it next year for another toy. toyota,

ScottVA2775

We haven't traded it yet. Being a trucker and him being 20 with no credit, he has to wait for me to get back home at Xmas to do the deed. Until then, he'll just have to be easy on it and make it until then.

And I guess I was mistaken altogether about the engine. It IS the 2.2 4cyl. I thought the 2.2 was a V6. Guess I should make sure before I post another one...lol