A/C compressor leaking oil from center of compressor body ?

brcidd

It's an o-ring seal, nothing you put near it will seal it. Only way to fix is to get rid of corroded sealing surfaces. It IS NOT a gasket compression seal. Yeah just add refrigerant as needed- your shaft seal should be going bad as well--new style double lip shaft seals did not happen till September 2002 for v-5 compressors. Is there an oil sling emitting from under clutch driver at front of compressor? Look at anything in that path of sling--There usually is...if not, you are very lucky.

eddieguy

@Mobile Dan, I saw frosty once on a whole bunch of compressors, hihi

A box of captain crunch cost 10dollars cdn up there.
Like me some captain crunch too, but this is one American that would not shell out 10 bucks for a box lol

JackC

wrench
brcidd:
I do not see a sling. Why do you say I am lucky?

BTW, I only drive about 500 miles a year in this vehicle.

With 6 dime sized drops on the floor and minor oil on the crossmember that did not drip to the floor, my best guess is I have lost way less that 1 oz of the specified 8 oz PAG 150, and some unknown amount of the 28 oz of refrigerant.

When I need to add R134a some day I feel I will not need to add PAG 150. Do you agree?

I may not replace the compressor until the front seal or clutch go out.

brcidd

Keeping the car garaged has helped-- the vast majority of cars are not garaged. Yes, no oil is needed- your V-5 has an internal sump cavity which maintains its own oil reservoir-- so you can actually run on half the oil spec required.