a little help

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE:jeep
MODEL: wrangler
YEAR
:06
MILES: x
ENGINE
: 2.4L
DESCRIBE ISSUE....
would anyone want to look at this diagram - is it me or is it AFU- looks like guido wiring:confused:
Engine cooling fan wiring... anyone have a 'better' diagram?

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
What is an AFU?

I thought these models used a viscous fan for engine cooling.

Anyways, this is what I could find in my database Kev that resembles your "guido" wiring. Mine is a bit different but shows same circuit, but maybe you can interpret this one better.

However, I am confused.

Hope it helps.

Screenshot (448).png

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
What exactly is your problem/symptom? Cuz I don't see any "ENGINE cooling fan" schematics.

There are none. This engine does not rely on rad fans to cool engine.

I only see A/C high and low circuitry. I am pretty sure you have a viscous engine fan.

So before my french gets in the way and I steer you in the weeds, are you talking about an engine heating/cooling problem? Or an A/C problem?

Post back if you wish. I will be more than willing to help an old internet buddy.;)

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I am actually surprised I knew what guido meant!! Sorry excuse for a schematic. LMAO!!

I guess my english is not so bad!!:D

When I first heard the term guido, I thought it meant some form of racial slandering towards italians. So I did an internet research on this and the urban dictionary gave me this.

A sad pathetic excuse for a male; not necessarily of Italian descent, but most likely; usually native to the New York/New Jersey Tri-State area.

WARDROBE: tight zipper shirts, tracksuits, designer jeans, fuzzy kangol hats, tiny hoop earrings, fake gold chains, and related Euro-trash garb and tacky cheese-wear.

NATURAL HABITAT: Known to frequent Tri-State area malls looking for club gear to waste their week's pay on (most likely spotted shopping at "Bang Bang" in Staten Island). During the day when not at their food delivery, telemarketting, or construction job, can be located at their local gym tanning or lifting weights. Can be found nightly at mainstream danceclubs they read about online (SF, Webster Hall, Etc.). Most notable for cruising the Jersey shore in an old car (Honda, Mustang, etc.) which has been tinted, painted and sports $1,000-$3,000 rims in a feeble attempt to look like new. Guido cars usually have a boomin' system through which cheesy music like freestyle, commercial club/trance and hip-hop (anything KTU plays) is loudly blasted.

Last edited:
study it nick- how do the relays get ground to energize pull in. on low speed relay D4 D6 pnk/dkblu and dk/ org ?

billr

wrench
Staff member
And that isn't a national/ethnical slur??? "AFU" stands for "All F**Ked Up", a shortening of the revered military term "SNAFU" (Situation Normal, All...)

bill do you see a problem with the diagram.... how do relays close am I missing something?

I just spent a happy half hour trying to figure out if the fan motor has some other way to get two speeds with three wires, if the relays are wired the way that is shown. I got nothin'. When I saw billr had posted, I had high hopes that he knew the answer. But, no. (already knew "AFU").

billr

wrench
Staff member
It's possible that circuit could work. When the PCM turns on the fan it could always turn on the hi-spd relay, which would also enable the coil for the lo-spd relay. Then, if lo-spd is required the PCM also turns on that relay. How could turning on both hi and lo give a lo speed? By increasing the field current in "lo", that slows down a shunt-field motor (and increases torque). I'm just guessing, of course, since I have no knowledge of how this particular motor is designed; just saying it is possible... The three connections to the motor are a good hint, though.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
study it nick- how do the relays get ground to energize pull in. on low speed relay D4 D6 pnk/dkblu and dk/ org ?
Well from what I can tell, they ground through the PCM.

High amps ground through the fan, low current is grounded via pcm.

You still have not answered my question. Is this an engine problem or an AC problem?

I know how a two-speed old school wiper motor works, but the Wrangler fan motor seems like it would have to be some other design...

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Or check ground on circuit breaker circuit.

Should be bk/gr before and after to ground.

10 amp trigger circuit is controlled via PCM. 40 or 30 amp (my eyesight or drawing was sketchy) if for fan grounded through the circuit breaker.

Screenshot (452).png

ok nick that diagram 8w 30 16 makes sense BUT is nothing like the other (yours and my) diagrams...

I can get OEM manual tomorrow Will use that diagram till then - thanks