Make
Acura
Model
TLX
Year
Miles
Engine
4 cylinder
Yesterday my wife got a flat on the interstate and pulled over to the shoulder. She called me to change her flat and I put on the Acura space saver spare tire. When I drove away from the side of the roadway to go and get the flat fixed, all of the safety system failure messages lit up the dashboard....lane assist, brake assist, acc, collision avoidance, brake system problem, etc. etc. etc. I figured maybe it would all clear after the tire was repaired and the rim with the sensor was back on....no can do. Called the dealership and he said that it should clear within a few driving cycles....it hasn't. He suggested if not that I disconnect the battery and do a hard reset....just tried that and no work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

grcauto

Scan all modules and report the codes.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
idea live saver is a different diameter, abs unit saw that coded correlation problem, dash lit up like a Christmas tree.

Once you get proper tyre on, clear false codes, you should be golden.

keep coming back, this site needs to stay aLIVE.

:bat:;)

ChevyDude

idea live saver is a different diameter, abs unit saw that coded correlation problem, dash lit up like a Christmas tree.

Once you get proper tyre on, clear false codes, you should be golden.

keep coming back, this site needs to stay aLIVE.

:bat:;)
thanks for the feedback. The proper tire and rim were installed and the car has been driver ~30 miles and still no reset. I don't have a scan tool to check and clear the codes.

ChevyDude

Update: Fixed! Brought her in to the dealership and they flashed the system and she is back to normal. Said it had a conflict with the braking system. All is good!

JackC

wrench
A flat used to be just that, A FLAT. You replaced it with a spare of the exact same size. Done, on your way, no problem.

Now one must worry about codes, waste time at the dealership and probably pay them.

At least you HAVE a spare, even though it is not the right size. . Most newer cars do not even furnish one.

I like my old cars without some of this stuff . $.02:cool:

ChevyDude

A flat used to be just that, A FLAT. You replaced it with a spare of the exact same size. Done, on your way, no problem.

Now one must worry about codes, waste time at the dealership and probably pay them.

At least you HAVE a spare, even though it is not the right size. . Most newer cars do not even furnish one.

I like my old cars without some of this stuff . $.02:cool:
Yes sir, I hear ya. This one actually came from the factory WITHOUT a spare, but rather a really nice can of Fix a Flat. We opted for the $400 Acura spare kit. I waited at the dealership for ~40 mins. They didn't charge me a dime and threw in a comp car wash. Helped to make my hour on the road palatable.

JackC

wrench
Good for you.

But, what a pain. $400 for something that should have been there in the first place, IMHO. Then have to wait for it and then have the problems you had when you had to use it. Sorry, couldn't help expressing my feelings, I'm sure yours are the same..

ChevyDude

Good for you.

But, what a pain. $400 for something that should have been there in the first place, IMHO. Then have to wait for it and then have the problems you had when you had to use it. Sorry, couldn't help expressing my feelings, I'm sure yours are the same..
Yes sir, you bet they are. The dealer actually wanted north of $700 for the spare kit....I was not happy. Tongue in cheek, don't get me wrong, it's a really nice can of Fix a Flat. The leak in this case was so bad that a can of Fix a Flat would not have worked. What a world in which we live.

JackC

wrench
During my career I worked for Chrysler, Ford, GM, VW, Porshe, Audi at a factory level. I have always been disapointed in all manufactuers lack of engineering for the consumer and repair personnel. No news flash, just had to say it.