Adjustment screw heads

billj

MR BILL
Website
www.billjohnson.info
I bought an aftermarket carburetor that has strange looking jet adjustment heads. The sides of the jets are smooth. Pac-Man tool will not grip the jet.
See attachment pleasejets.png

billr

wrench
Staff member
Do you have a question or concern about them?

billr

wrench
Staff member
What is the brand and P/N of the carb? Are these needle-valves for adjusting fuel trim? Those are usually not to tight, if you can tease them out by any means, even if tedious, then I would cut a slot in the head to use a simple screwdriver. If you can't remove them, maybe cut that slot in with a small Dremel-like grinding disk.

Jim.M.

Hello, I ran into the same problem myself just recently I was able to find a set of mixture screw screwdrivers on Amazon that had the proper style. I believe it was called an “Acircle” type.

billj

MR BILL
Website
www.billjohnson.info
What is the brand and P/N of the carb? Are these needle-valves for adjusting fuel trim? Those are usually not to tight, if you can tease them out by any means, even if tedious, then I would cut a slot in the head to use a simple screwdriver. If you can't remove them, maybe cut that slot in with a small Dremel-like grinding disk.
Yes, I have done the Dremel slot trick before, and worked well, but I am trying to avoid that. And yes, They are needle-valves for fuel trim. These appear to be very tight. I took a sharp punch that fit in the little hole and tried to turn the adjuster screw but it would not

billj

MR BILL
Website
www.billjohnson.info
I found a source to buy one, it is called "Acircle" as Jim.M. thought. Amazon an "Acircle" and a "21 spline" tool for $5 and change for the set. Maybe not top quality but I may only use it a few times. Thanks guys for the info.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
then I would cut a slot in the head to use a simple screwdriver. If you can't remove them, maybe cut that slot in with a small Dremel-like grinding disk.
this is usual method if the pac man dosent bite. Probably wrote that wrong. @Jim.M. thx for that link, will be usefull for a buddy of mine. ;)

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
is this for the idle, I am an idiot when it comes to these small engine. Truth be told, I am a butcher. But I do find soaking the whole unit in some solvent and when all doesnt work, use a left hand drill bit.

The left hand drill bit is last ditch and I will probably get grief from small engine guys. :cool:

I have some irwin ones, they actually have saved the day a few times.

Here is a link.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I may be late to this thread and it is already extracted but I found a video that actually talks about left hand bits.

So for info content, this video was nice.