Make
Mercedes
Model
C230
Year
Miles
Engine
4 cylinder
Electronic control cannot operate any window on this car rather stuck at one place. I looked for a fuse but non is designated for windows. I will appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks-Chaud

NickD

wrench
first vehicle with power windows was a 1965 Buick Electra hardtop, had the car for over ten year, never a problem with power windows. So us old guys say, they don't make em like they use to..

Most problems are in the drivers switch, mounted in the arm rest of the driver's door, most are not water proof, open the door in the rain get wet and forms corrosion but wouldn't expect this in a Mercedes. These are an interlocking switch in case you have a kid in the back seat opening a window that is of one polarity, you closing it is of the exact opposite polarity. His power is cut off, you are in control. But this sure complicates the switch. I just take these switches apart, clean them and use Ox-Gard.

Actually had to do that recently with my 88 Supra, namely because its 32 years old and is stored most of the time.

Want a very clean work bench, good light, and pay attention to what you are doing, is plenty of normally closed contacts that aren't quite making contact. Could buy a new switch from rockauto.com for 105 bucks, but I don't toss my dirty dishes either.

1604361007329.png

grcauto

Check the wiring in the loom between the pillar and door. Every time the door is opened and closed those wires are being exercised and will develop breaks.

NickD

wrench
Check the wiring in the loom between the pillar and door. Every time the door is opened and closed those wires are being exercised and will develop breaks.
Good point, no problem with a Ford Model A, zero wires to the doors. Now with power windows, electric door locks, remote controlled side view mirror with side alert, directional signal lights and heaters, child safety locks, and speaker systems, seemingly a ton wires between that moving door and the vehicle's door jam. Very awkward to repair. Then using vinyl covered wire that gets as hard as a rock in cold weather.