ALL possible causes for no forward gear in 4t65e transmission? Added some clips

bp042665

hunting nut
i have seen the weld in the gear in 678 break and no forward movement

AZilla83

TY sir for the diagrams! Would that broken weld leave any metal in the pan or a visible crack on the gear? As far as I could tell all components from 601-688 were good, but then again I'm not exactly sure what a broken weld looks like... I could take it all apart again, but OMG it's a task! Is there a valve somewhere that could've gotten clogged or broken for the servo? I remember hearing something along that line on YT, but watched so many, can't remember exactly which one it was...

AZilla83

Servo pin, I think it's called. Apparently it can be too long & there's a replacement available from sonix? Didn't catch part # or location.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Here is a link to another IPB, with names for the parts. The item numbers look similar, but they are not the same as the IPB that was posted by BP. BP is a trans expert, so take his advice seriously.

BP, is there any real difference between the "20 pan screw" version and the others; can we ignore that?

PS: I think it is possible for one of those welds to break, have the parts spin freely, and leave no obvious debris in the fluid.

AZilla83

Here is a link to another IPB, with names for the parts. The item numbers look similar, but they are not the same as the IPB that was posted by BP. BP is a trans expert, so take his advice seriously.

BP, is there any real difference between the "20 pan screw" version and the others; can we ignore that?

PS: I think it is possible for one of those welds to break, have the parts spin freely, and leave no obvious debris in the fluid.
Mmmmm... I guess that means, I'll be taking it apart again... Also thx for that link! I think this time I'll record it on my phone & post clips as I'm going thru...

billr

wrench
Staff member
It sounds like you did not disassemble any of the clutches, removing the steel/friction plates entirely. You really need to do that to do meaningful inspection of all those parts. Going that deep into the trans, I would figure on replacing all seals and the friction plates/bands. Inspect the steel plates and replace only as required.

AZilla83

Okay I added a cpl clips of my progress. Can someone take a look at the last one & tell me if that's normal for the forward servo pls?