Alldata User Discussion

NickD

wrench
Referring to the good old days, in 1973 not only did we not have alldata, didn't have an internet either. But we did have a coupon in the owners manual to purchase an OEM shop manual with free shipping for four bucks.

Same manuals today are four times as long mostly with constantly repeated safety information. Also for people with technical skills as some safety knowledge not dumb enough to stick there nose in an engine driven fan or build a bon fire on top of a fuel tank. But warned of this a zillion times. Looking at 300-400 bucks per manual.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Well, this may get you started on a good bon fire, my first ever car was a 1979 ltd. With a windsor engine, and I went to canadian tire, bought a 7$ manual.

I took a dump, time to dump, read whole thing.

I am 5 foot 7in, weigh 150pns, book was not long to read. Will update this later, it is to funny. My girl just came back from nursing work, she is way to sexy in that blue uniform.

NickD

wrench
Ha, I am 6'2" weigh 205 pounds large bone, doctor tells me I am overweight, suppose to be 197 pound maximum so at a health risk.

First call was a 1930 Olds, picked it up on my paper route for ten bucks, did not need a shop manual, was 14 years old at the time, got it running, would get up at 2 AM and take it for a ride. Lived a block from the police station, only one squad car, cops were in there sleeping.

Most beautiful woman in the world is my wife, least I think so, that is all that counts.

Did not like reading literature at school, was reading automotive books to learn how these things ticked. Parents never had a car, lived in the country and had to walk.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Dang, now I have to write something, cuz every time you write Nickd, I find something that resembles us.

When I am in class, you can show me all day bong on acetate, or give videos of theory. I I cant see see it done, or do it myself, I zone out and look out the window.

My room, when I was a kid, was hot wheels, model cars, airplanes, even the stealth bomber that was way bigger than my buddies death star. I told him, at least this thing is real. I built it myself with no instructions, the dog ate it. At least it wasn't my homework, I had to sell drugs later on to know fractions. :eek:

That same buddy, I beat the shyte out of cuz I was gone to camp, he promised to deliver my newspapers. 128 a day. He f offed after 1st day. My mom asked me why I beat him. I said he promised to deliver. He didn't

My dad was proud, but had to side with mom. No out time except for paper and dog duty. for a long while.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
One of my heros is Jaques Demers. He made it to head coach of the montreal canadians, all this with dyslexia.

It is not easy when you cant learn like other ppl, so you find ways. That is why I post alot of visual aide for me, even stupid videos, cuz my brain relates certain stuff to a certain tune, an event, a problem encountered. I never remember the science words behind it all, that takes a whole other mental excessive, which is more cognitive, and why I loose alot of sleep over proper translation, and usually miss the ball.

Alot of ppl always underestimate me, and I prefer it that way, but in my heart, I want them to see me as equal, but I am not. I am just different.

In many ways, I usually always scare ppl at first cuz I get intensive real quick cuz I want to assimalate as much as I can pronto. They get spooked, and it shows.

That ends up with me just entering my own mind again and figuring it out on my own, which untill now, has worked sporadically. As I get older, ppl are more willing and in nature, more available for a person like me, cuz life has taught them something. The guy looking out the window IS F ING listening. That hit home mostly when I saw my own son in same boat. I was the most prepared to help. Sadly, my ex did not see that this way. So my son and I are far. Again, just part of how ppl don't see intelligence in the same way as lets say pop videos.

Some say a guy like this is more TELNETTing than me. And here I am off on another tangent. Why, do hard guys like me, automatically get the stupid pass????????????:eek::giveup: