Any Generac experts here?

billr

wrench
Staff member
It looks like I may become involved with a couple of model 1836149100 units, but can find little-to-no info on them. I am looking for a source for manuals and schematics.

I have been able to find little, but know they are "industrial" 3-phase 8 KVA machines, driven with a liquid-cooled 3-cylinder diesel at 1800 rpm. Well, rpm must be variable, as they can be used for either 50 or 60 Hz. I think the engine is a Shibaura S753 (1 liter).

Good news? They are both in running condition! I want the info for adapting them to home use and for future maintenance.

PS: I have joined the forum at <gentekpower.com>, but no joy there so far. They seem oriented toward the "home" units, not commercial

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
At work we have similar unit, but cummins driven. So even if I wanted to be a smart alek, I cant.

Anyway hope all is well down there in ca, say hy to significant other for me and my greek girlfreind says hi also.

She likes it when I come here. It calms me down. Wink wink.

;);)

billr

wrench
Staff member
As usual, your assiduous searching turned up more than I have found elsewhere. I have been searching that GNRC site but didn't find that much. If you (or Dan, another primo searcher) want to keep digging, the serial numbers are 2064754 and 2064755. Yes, that is the kind of machine I am asking about.

However, I am appalled at how poor support for these things seems to be. Neither you or I are finding anything about that model on the GNRC site, and the generator forum I referred to above quickly advise that a 20-year-old machine is too "antique" for anybody to know about! WTF? Not a one of my in-use vehicles is newer than that, and almost all of my tools and machinery are far older. Yes, I can see a generator used 24/7/365 for prime power would have to be refreshed (many times?) over 20 years, but would hardly be a "throw-away". And, of course, many of these type generators are only for standby, and will have been hardly used even after 20 years.

I have a request into Generac, but am not hopeful of getting any help...

PS: my understanding is that the engine is a Shibaura S753, but I am finding little info on those either.

Last edited:

paulo57509

You might try to find a Generac distributor. Less the sales pitch, they should be a bit more responsive since they should be a bit more local.