bad snap on truck review

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok guys, since I got some good positive info on my last review of the mini ductor, I want to talk about the tool truck van scam.

In my opinion, snap on is screwing its own self by not providing customer service like before. Way before the tool truck scam was already dying because they cant seem to keep up with times.

Its a finance world, and snap on tools are awesome, but I dont buy them any more because the tool truck comes by every 4 or months or so. Not convenient at all. Service is zero and just that makes me not want to buy these tools. Cuz when A guy like me buys tools, he wants service. If not, I buy elsewhere. Pretty simple evidence there I think/ so, r snap tools good? Yeah for most part, they are good and very speciliazed. But who can get them if no representaion from "la maison mere"

Mac tool for that fact also, same thing. SK went bankrupt in canada, but not in usa. Try to get tools replaced or serviced then, not going to happen.

Bad review, or just a question? Is snap on trying to shoot itself in the foot?

Maybe I can tryo to see if some snap on tool vendors, or SK tools vendors are on line and willing to ship to canada at competitive. If not, screw those companies, I buy local or make it myself at this point.

That was more a rant than a review, but a review can be negative, and in this one, snap on and other very similar, left us techs hanging large.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So, I guess I wasn't done.

I now have a tool box full of either bankrupt companies in canada or zero service from the rest use canada made stuff.

Craftsman went bankrupt last year in canada, half my toolbox has that logo. The other stuff is canadian tire, the specialized stuff is all canada or usa made.

But try to get a refurbish kit or a prompt replacement. Not going to happen with what used to be major brands with a conviction to the name.

I basically just gave up about ten yrs ago when I found I could just say no to the tiool truck and not give a shyte about where my tools came from, cuz the guy selling me them dont give a shyte about me or my co workers who invest and halve to pay a third party to not get bad credit cuz snap or mac is not putting gas in the tool van.

My $.02

If we buy, you SHOULD come, or just plain do like the others and stop milking the dry cow and go for better pastures. I heard tuperware is making a come back. Tupperware can thank the virus for that comeback. ;):cool::bat:

NickD

wrench
Snap On Tools, Kenosha, WI., had to buy your own truck get a route, always a problem with another guy getting into your area. Would sign up your cliental for so many dollar per month and try to convince them they needed this or that tool. Did have a short boom in business when the US congress forced all the automotive companies to go metric.

Also kind of an expensive way to do business, keeping your truck full with the desired products, high price of fuel, truck maintenance if you couldn't do it yourself, and only dealing with one customer at a time.

I knew that guy that started Mac Tools, more aggressive and was working for Snap On.

Craftsman was taken over by Lowe's , a building supply chain that competes with Menard's and Home Depot, not sure if you have any of these in your area. Most of my tools are Craftsman, wrenches I purchased back in the 50's still have like a brand new chrome finish, later ones are a pile of rust.

New guy on the block is Harbor Freight, not sure if they are going to survive with the problems we are having with China. Walmart also has a fair amount of hand and power tools.

Have large Craftsman portable drills, my son purchased a small Milwaukee I liked for little stuff for $170.00, found a Hyper Tough that looked practically identical with many settings, LED light, lithium ion battery, and charger for 22 bucks. I cannot stall the chuck with my bare hands. Walmart also has a good selection of hand wrenches and socket sets.

jigfeett

Ace hardware also has craftsman but if you try to return they must have the exact part number or they say NO I think that is a loophole to benefit them. Lowes and Ace do not carry all that the old Sears stores did back in the day. Harbor freight also has lifetime warranty on hand tools, ( I have had good luck with) and some of them are pretty good but don't get the cheapest and now they have a high end line, icon I think it's called.

NickD

wrench
You would sign up for so much per month with Snap-On and would drop off tools whether you needed them or not.

Ha, have box for all my special purpose tools, been buying tools for 68 years now, have no recollection what those special purpose tools were for, but remember I need them to get the job done and a heck of a lot cheaper than paying to have it down.

Had back surgery, 25 pound limit, while I have installed AC Home systems before, had to lay out 1,800 bucks in labor for this one, practically killed me. But was watching and correcting the work being done, and was done right.

Had tools they could use so didn't have to lay out a zillion bucks per hour for them to walk out to the truck to see if they could find what they were looking for.