Best day after buying a boat is the day you sell it.

Was an open bow 20 foot Bayliner with a Volvo 305 CID stern drive. Wanted it for my grandkids, they had more fun playing in the water than riding in it. Had it for ten years, my job to maintain it. Had to remember to purge all the water out of the engine before the first frost, changing oil in these things was almost next to impossible, and always something going wrong.

People that couldn't do their own maintenance have to pay $125.00 an hour up here and not the best workmanship. In regards to using it this last weekend, rained practically all weekend. Matter of fact that is the only time it rains, on a weekend when you have some time off.

Doesn't help getting old and crippled. But because I kept it in top shape, got a couple more dollars for it than what we paid for it. But hundreds of hours of labor went for free.

Volvo used a constant velocity joint from a main shaft on ball bearings between the engine and outdrive. Marine dealers charged 1,800 bucks to replace it, I got by with 60.

Recently had life changing surgery, not recovered yet, so kind of worthless doing work like this.