can't figure out how to turn cruise on in my 2003 Impala

grcauto

He's replacing the entire switch with the arm. Don't that just pop out of the switch and pull the connector?

according to the video you posted, it can be removed without taking the wheel off. Problem is, the video doesn't show everything, although I probably can figure out some of it. I will be ordering the unit by the weekend. Not too bad on EBay. Under $35, free shipping, and a 10yr warranty

After watching the video three times and studying the schematic three times, I decided to make my own switch. I had a nice little round , button type, switch, which fit nicely into the lower dash panel. Hardest part about it was figuring out where to feed the wires in through the firewall. After several ( actually LOTS) of cuss words, I figured it out and now have functioning cruise control. Damn near had to use the "Help, I've fallen and can't get up" button. At 71yrs it's hard to get out from under the steering wheel. Was stuck for a bit. A few more cuss words and some physical effort finally got me out!!! Thanks for the help, guys. Now I'm gonna go put the heating pad on my sore back!!

Nice going.

And I feel your pain. That's because I am 85 and have been there done that "it's hard to get out from under the steering wheel" stuff.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
After several ( actually LOTS) of cuss words, I figured it out and now have functioning cruise control.
Necessity is the mother of invention. A need or problem encourages creative efforts to meet the need or solve the problem. This saying appears in the dialogue Republic, by the ancient Greek philosopher Plato.;):bat:

I did realize this morning though, that I wired the switch directly to the battery. I need to find an underdash(or underhood) wire to tap into that only is hot when the key is on. Can anyone direct me to one that is easy to get to? Would the brown wire going to pin "F" of the cruise module work?