3.5L Hybrid
Hello, BAT:
My wife's daily driver has multiple CEL codes:
P2401
P043E
P043F
P2402
P2419

Please let me know what to check for first. Could something as simple as a bad gas cap cause these?

grcauto

wrench
I'd test the pump for a short.

Mikerizer

Website
www.batauto.com
Yeah. Look at the wiring and just perform a resistance test on the windings.
Thanks. I also found a video of someone testing the pump motor and the solenoid by applying voltage to the proper terminals. Now I've just got to figure out how to get to it. I'm guessing it's near the gas tank? This is a hybrid and AWD so there's lots of stuff under there. I haven't done a "deep dive" yet; just looking from laying on the ground. Do you think I'll have good clearance if I put the back wheels up on ramps?

Mikerizer

Website
www.batauto.com
Update: I decided to make a few calls, to see if I could get it checked out. Toyota service still hasn't called me back. I called a friend of a friend at a local Car Care Clinic, who is supposed to be really good. Firstly, he told me to be extremely cautious working under there because of the high voltage. He did recommend a friend of his, who is good with this kind of stuff. I called him, and he told me to call Toyota and get a new Toyota brand gas cap and try that first, that about 90% of the time, that's the problem. So, I'll have a new gas cap (for $60) on it when it comes in on Monday, and we'll go from there.