Chainsaw duckbill valve

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I am dealing with elastomers as we speak, something to do with my water cooled pc.

My limited understanding of this phenomenon is the leeching of poylmers or other syn such as. Because this thread is very useful. I am sorry one of my links did no provide desired ID or OD. But I am sure we, as a unit can find what you need.

It took me a while to gather what you want to accomplish. A photo of the "big" pump/s would sure go along way! Hint.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So the degradation I think you are referring to is something along those lines. Viton, from my understanding has been replaced by a newer grade polymer. Again, not an engineer here. Just a curious guy.

Using viton based seal is great for tuff chems. The 50 50 mix you spoke of, I cannot help give adequate info on that other than just personal experience.

Viton seal are widely used in ac systems. They don't degrade with the knew fluoro stuff.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Sticky, hard to flow. Something like carpenter's white-glue or honey.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Another possibility is duckbills used on paint sprayers; I see the names Aro and Grayco listed. Does anybody have experience/info on paint equipment?