Civic Torque Converter Code

Hi, I have an 01 Civic EX Coupe, 1. 7 liter, Automatic. I've been getting a check engine light that comes and goes. When it's on it reads a P0740. I've found a Honda bulletin which says the following:

DTC P0740 Set? Check for
Contaminated Solenoids
If you’re servicing a ’02 Civic with A/T, and DTC
P0740 (problem in lock-up control system) is set,
check for contaminated solenoids before you
replace the A/T (see page 14-69 of the 2001–02
Civic S/M. ) If the torque converter clutch solenoid
valve or the A/T clutch pressure solenoid valves A
and B are contaminated, replace them.
Honda Transmission Manufacturing’s Market
Quality department analyzed 12 A/Ts that were
replaced for this DTC. Here’s what they found:
• 11 of the 12 A/Ts had contaminated solenoids
• After replacing the torque converter clutch
solenoid valve and the A/T clutch pressure
control solenoid valves A and B on all 12 A/Ts,
only one had a comeback for DTC P0740
As far as I can tell the 01 & 02 are essentially the same. Should I try replacing the solenoids, and if yes, where are they? I've seen a couple TSB's that mention A/T Solenoids, but don't know if they address this issue or not.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hondadude

The solenoids have a screen on them, I would say to first remove each one and be sure the screens are clean. You can gently remove them from the solenoid and spray them out with brake cleaner.
The solenoids are attached to the side of the trans case, usually with 2-3 10mm bolts.
While you have them off you can use a small jumper wire set from your battery and be sure they have a strong click when energized.
Should you find some stuff that looks like wet cardboard fibers on the screens, drain and refill the trans with 3 quarts of honda Z-1 ATF, then drive around 20 miles or so and drain and refill the trans again.

Thanks very much, I will do that this weekend. If there's no click from the solenoids I should replace, correct?

So far so good. There was some papery type stuff caught in the screen filters, so I flushed and filled twice. Thanks for your help Hondadude.