abrad

Make
Honda
Model
Accord
Year
Miles
Engine
Previously had a post about throttle control issues, which turned out to be a bad throttle linkage - slot where the cable connected had broken, but I didn’t realize at the time there was a broke piece, as it looked to be open ended.

Now, I’m getting a P0171 code. I’ve sprayed carb/choke cleaner around looking for vac leaks, no change. I cleaned the maf sensor, but after a few days, the code comes back. So, I ordered a new Delphi maf sensor, and just installed it. Now, I immediately get codes P0102 & P0113 — maf airflow circuit low & intake air temperature sensor high. Thing is, I can clear the codes, and without starting the engine, the codes come right back on.

Car is running fine, but has a stumble under a hard acceleration between 30-45 mph. Normal acceleration no stumble. I’m thinking I got a bad sensor, but need to test a few things more. Primary test is the voltage - does anyone know which tab is the 5 volt?

grcauto

wrench
Thing is, I can clear the codes, and without starting the engine, the codes come right back on.
That fail at key on tells us it's in the wiring or bad sensor.
When the PCM sees a failed MAF circuit it will figure load based on TPS, VSS, RPM etc. It will usually run OK like that.

abrad

That fail at key on tells us it's in the wiring or bad sensor.
When the PCM sees a failed MAF circuit it will figure load based on TPS, VSS, RPM etc. It will usually run OK like that.
Yeah, I’m thinking bad sensor as well. For shits and giggles, I’m going to put the old sensor in, and see if it repeats. No repeat, then my thoughts are bad sensor…

abrad

Yeah, I’m thinking bad sensor as well. For shits and giggles, I’m going to put the old sensor in, and see if it repeats. No repeat, then my thoughts are bad sensor…
Well, now I feel stupid. Went to swap out the new sensor with the old one, and apparently when I reconnected the harness, it didn’t latch completely. I never tugged it to ensure it was solidly connected.
Now it runs ok, but not at idle, keeps dying. Took it out for test drive, runs fine at speed, but wants to stall at stop sign.

abrad

Does it do that with the sensor unplugged?
Didn’t seem to, just the instant on with the two codes. Now with the sensor connected, rough idle.

I had the battery disconnected overnight, so it “should” have unlearned the readings from the old sensor…