Colorado 2006 OBD2 code P0030, poor idle above 197 DEG

Al427

I have a 2006 Colorado that idles rough when in traffic and temp moves up a few degress. Hooked up the scanner and code shows P0030. Changed O2 sensor and still have problem and code. Checked fuse to sensor and is ok. Only misses at idle when temp gets about 199 deg on Actron scanner. Never skips below this temp.
What could this be???
AL

Jim Fairbanks

wrench
Have you tried running some injector cleaner throught it?......How many miles on it?....which engine?....Jim

Al427

Yes , I have tried injector cleaner 2 times and no results. It is the 3.5 liter 5 cyl, 61,000 miles.
thanks for responding !!!
Al

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
What "Add-ons" are on this vehicle if any? Air filter? remote start? etc. those Oil type air filters wreak havoc with the MAF sensors, Different exhaust systems or exhaust leaks can cause problems, Vacuum leaks also cause problems, cheap pcv valves can do it too. There are many factors that can cause problems all the way up to a weak fuel pump. Start with more info and the basics, look the engine over for bad connections especially at the battery and inside connectors, look for bad grounds at the engine. Most people automatically go for bad sensors/computer problems but the truth is the basics usually turn out to be most of the problem. Post back, Transman

Al427

Thanks for the help. I have installed a K & N air filter using their oil on the filter. I'll go back to the paper type and see if that will help. If this has hurt the mass flow meter, can it be cleaned?? I'll also try some of the GM injector cleaner, used the STP brand before. I have now noticed that my fuel consumption has gone up by about 10 % in addition to the misfire at idle when in traffic and just 5 degrees warmer than normal.

Al

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
Cleaning is (from experience) a temporary measure but it can be useful for testing. If you clean it and put the paper filter in AND the problem goes away or feels much better even if only for a week then you know the MAF needs to be replaced. Post back, Transman