Comment on P1800 – Transmission Clutch Interlock Safety Switch Circuit Failure (Ford) by RADU ATANASIU

R

RADU ATANASIU

Make: Smart
Model: Fortwoo
Year: 2007
Miles: 140000
Engine: 999CC

The same problem in obd2 error P1800 and tree line sign in the dashboard and car doesnt start
Eny advice please thanks!!!!

Continue reading...

grcauto

What in the world is a 'tree line sign'?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
They suck to fix, broken all the time and need a special tool for everything. But they do give you a free tyre compressor right next to the spare hidden somewhere in or on car. Haha, what laughs this piece of engineering.

index smart spare.jpg This spare wouldn`t make it five klics to the nearest garage with the huge pot holes mother nature helped is produce, but tank sure will be full in that thing, runs on my alcoholic breath I would imagine after a cool quebeker brew or two. Or for two, or two four .

grcauto

I have never had the dis pleasure of working on one of these. I can honestly say that I feel I did not miss anything. In fact, I believe I've been blessed not having had the experience.
To the OP....I'm sorry but I can't help you......well maybe I can.....sell it and by a car mechanics or you have seen before and know how to fix.

billr

wrench
Staff member
You guys are being too harsh! This OP came here for help, not sniping at his choice of vehicle. You are saying the same things that were said of Japanese cars when I was young, and of all European cars when I was a child. Now, we pay premium for those "pieces of crap". I used to bitch about the "jack-ass" metric fasteners (not to mention Whitworth!), now many folks consider inch fasteners to be "funny".

That P1800 is an odd one, though. I looked at several code sites, including our troublecodes.net, and the definitions/causes/fixes vary all ver the place. It seems to mean merely that "something is wrong". I saw possibilities that it was the gas cap, MAF sensor, O2 sensor, trans innards, even water leaks. Maybe I'll keep researching the code...

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
You guys are being too harsh!
All right, I am ready to play ball like the expos. Hope they smoke the dodgers at least once this year.

Bill, wearnt you the one in another thread that said you were about to give up.

??
Probably wrote wereant wrong, no auto correction feature for the english.

And, BTW, what is wentworth>?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
@Bill, I don't know if you have noticed, but I lost interest a whila ago.

The rotten thing is right now, I can provide coverage up to present, but not for African diesel type things I dont ever see.

So this site going into trying to convert two sites into one is going to cost longstanding members to lose interest as you so aptly wrote.