Make
toyota
Model
wish zne10
Year
Miles
Engine
zne10 1.8
my car get the some problems. if i rev the engine to 2000 rpm during driving or not, compressor kick off. I must off & on again the switch to kick start compressor again. what the right problem? toyota wish zne10 1.8

billr

wrench
Staff member
First step is to connect gauges ton the A/C and see what high/low pressures are.

I gotta ask... did you recently add refrigerant to it?

supa'at

I have checked and found the gas level to be normal. the problem only occurs when the rpm exceeds 2000 the compressor will stop by itself. what is the relationship between rpm and compressor?

billr

wrench
Staff member
If you know the gas charge is correct, then you must use gauges to do any further trouble-shooting that doesn't involve changing out parts to see what effect the random parts-swapping has.

The higher the rpm, the easier it is for the compressor to build up a too-high pressure and trip the high-pressure switch or a high-temp switch.

How do you know the gas charge is correct??? The only possible way to do that is to pull a vacuum and then refill using a scale to measure weight of gas removed from the source can(s). And, you must have at least, one gauge to verify a sufficient vacuum has been obtained. If you have all those, pump/gauge/scale, then I am wondering why you don't also have the normal two gauges and are resisting posting high/low pressures.

Got it? I am skeptical of your gas charge being "normal". Would you care to elaborate on how you checked it?

grcauto

wrench
I have checked and found the gas level to be normal. the problem only occurs when the rpm exceeds 2000 the compressor will stop by itself. what is the relationship between rpm and compressor?
What are the pressures? Do you have a scan tool that can look at live data?

EricC

When the vehicle is running your A/C line pressures fluctuate with RPMs. That's why it's important to connect the gauges and start the vehicle with the A/C on. As the RPMs increase, high side pressure will normally increase some and low side will normally decrease some. If the refrigerant level is incorrect, one of those pressures going either too high or too low may cause a pressure switch to deactivate the compressor clutch.

jigfeett

If you connect a test light to the power wire at the compressor and watch it turn on and off to verify the power circuit is working,
then leave the light in place.

If the compressor turns off but the light remains on then it is not the circuit but a defective compressor.

We had a car that had a similar issue, customer reported A/C blows hot air on hot days and then sometimes cold.
They had dealer diagnose as a defective accumulator and clogged condenser so after $1400 bill from dealer the car did the same thing a day later.
We found power wire had voltage when compressor turned itself off
Replaced compressor and no returns by customer