CVT Trans

baclasky2007

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE:Nissan
MODEL:Rouge
YEAR:2008
MILES:160000
ENGINE:2.5L
DESCRIBE ISSUE....Is this trans as bad as I have heard? on freeway at about 80 MPH the tac revs up sometimes when i accelerate,It does not feel like I am loosing speed. I let off the accelerator a little and goes back to normal. unrelated intermittently I get fault codes: P0744 Torque converter clutch solenoid circuit intermittent and P0455 evaporative emission system leak detected (gross leak/no flow) looked for vacuum none found. Any suggestions on where to start? and help is appreciated.

billr

wrench
Staff member
"on freeway at about 80 MPH the tac revs up sometimes when i accelerate,It does not feel like I am loosing speed. I let off the accelerator a little and goes back to normal."

The revving up is what I would expect from a CVT, but why are you noting no loss of speed, when you are trying to accelerate? Doesn't the vehicle positively accelerate as it is supposed to? I have no knowledge on the performance or durability of that trans, sorry.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Nobody addressed the p1744.

I will.

But since the sit has been down for awhile, I am tired of discussing shyte.

I will simplify how I work.

Hate me today, and hate me tomorrow. But I am a heads up guy normally in regards to anything car related.

And I really tired. Worked to hard to be patient right now.

So tune to follow.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
BP, never be so sorry, I missed P0744 also and called it a P1744. most very different code.

Do a stall test. will detect torque slippage. First, interpret the solenoid circuit first before condemning a 2008 rouge trans to the land fill.

For the gross leak code, very known issue, rusted fuel filler tube.

On a funny note, I was scratching my head trying to find flowcharts for a rouge. I finally figured it was a typo. Rogue.

Flow chart to follow.

If and only when the step 2 TCC solenoid circuit/part checks out bad, than suspect a trans assembly.

Even then, a line pressure test still should be done.

Anyway, follow ace pdf.

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
It pisses me off these flow charts always finish with replace trans-axle assembly.

Do the simple circuit checks, check line pressure. and then I am very sure the site trans guru BP will chime in.

:):bat:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I make money with my head and hands, as any normal human does. The rest is wishful thinking.

Fixed a valve cover leak today with the new ratchet, took all of 30 mins. R and R. It's so easy to make a good name, then be a tech who doesn't pintest before and ruin that name just for a stupid misinforming/unforgiving 1300$ error.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I get carried away sometimes, and like the following tune said, not long your looking down the barrel of a gun.

I rather a 22, but a 45, no coming back from that.