Dealing with work and personal issues. Which is best? Honesty or denial?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So, as the above header goes, I have some questions about this.

I am, again, another day off for personal issues. My time bank was ok til last month.

My sister started getting really sick last year, actually, started dec 2018. I took a whole bunch of accumulated pay for that, and she just went back into surgery last night again, and I am still waiting for her to wake up properly from the anestisia. Probably wrote that wrong.

I called a co worker again o cover at 9pm yesterday that I could not cover my shift THIS morning, all was cool.

Called my BOSS at 11 am, that way I know he is not in the crunch of subdividing jobs.

I had a heart to heart with him, he is amazing.

Somehow, I feel like shyte, because I feel I am missing something. My GF and best friend tell me I maybe need to move back to more north where my immediate family is but I don't want to, I like my life here closer to montreal. The pay vs living cost is great, my son gets less of me, but better $$ from the divorce agreement.

I have been dealing with this for awhile now. When do you start being honest VS (this is my personal life) denial, (this is what I WANT you to think of me).

Either way, it all comes out in the end.

I think I just answered my own thread/question.

Thx boss, you really made that easy for me. He is great in his big fat belly style. @6'4 and lost count of belly size now, he is awesome. He always puts his regulars first, cuz he is a business man of this era.

But my conundrum, is where does that business family shyte end? Is there a good limit to what you should say? vs what needs to be said?

He invests alot in me, and that is starting to be a problem for me personally cuz I feel dependent to him. NOT a feeling I like at all.

Is this a normal feeling, or is this just me trying to keep it together and doing right by keeping down the down low. ?????????

This is a very personal question I put out there because I hugely believe in community. Ppl here who know me will pick up on vibe, I just want positive answers to how to go on with professional life when dealing with personal shyte and NOT feeling vulnerable. Cuz some of that, I have plenty right now.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I think I am agnostic, some call me atheist.

My best friend, who has known me through thick and thin, back from prospect days. How to turn life around? I am obsessed by this video. I wish they could make one like this in a Lemy Kilmister mode, I would actually buy it, NOT CRACK IT>

billr

wrench
Staff member
I gotta keep this short, I am at a temporary job, 12 hrs so far and not done for the day. I think your GF and job should come first.

With this this board, seemed to be overly concerned about other peoples car problems, everybody has car problems sooner or later. All you can do is give suggestions,

Six years in the military thought me to set aside personal problems, have to stay alive and do your assigned duty.

Stress is a situation you or anybody has absolutely no control over, so no sense in getting stressed.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Stress is a situation you or anybody has absolutely no control over, so no sense in getting stressed.
Yes, thx for that. I came keenly aware of that this week.

I was happy I actually tried this out on the open forum, and saw it did not take so much. It proved a theory. Men, in this trade/slash era are in front of different situation than in previous decades or gen's if you will.

I did take strength from trying here first, and then just ended up saying f it, did as Billr suggested, focused on work and my immediate structure, which you NICKD also aptly wrote,
no control over, so no sense in getting stressed.