Encore zero turn no spark

rjh1

Z-52 encore has the FH461V kawasaki on it. wouldn't start , I set the valves and it turned over better , got it to fire and run for about 1 minute and it quit. Now it has no spark at all , so I replaced both coils and still nothing. I see this thing has a safety module, can that cause no spark . Fuses are good / even replaced them in case. does this have an igniter ? like some kaws have? it cranks and cranks but nothing even if i remove the kill leads on the coils.. need help please

paulo57509

Z-52 encore has the FH461V kawasaki on it. wouldn't start , I set the valves and it turned over better , got it to fire and run for about 1 minute and it quit. Now it has no spark at all , so I replaced both coils and still nothing. I see this thing has a safety module, can that cause no spark . Fuses are good / even replaced them in case. does this have an igniter ? like some kaws have? it cranks and cranks but nothing even if i remove the kill leads on the coils.. need help please
You don't mean an FH641V?

Maybe this might help:

rjh1

Yes a FH641V ... sorry .. Do the FH641 have a plastic cam gear ? I heard the teeth break and can cause the no spark .. is there a easy way to check the gear ? or do ya have to take the top cover off ?? Thanks

billr

wrench
Staff member
Does the link below show your ignition system accurately? If so, the cam gear would have no effect on spark. If there is no spark on either plug/coil, then the most likely causes would be a bad/missing magnet on the flywheel, or a short to ground on that "B" wire from the coils to the ignition switch; or a bad ignition switch that isn't opening the "B" circuit when the switch is out of the "off" position.