Make
holden - GM
Model
Coupe
Year
Miles
40000km
Engine
code 0833 that keeps coming up, causing the car to drive bad and fuel is terrible.

now within this time i have changed clutch pedal sensor front of pedal and rear of pedal cruise control i have also changed ECU

One tech said the ECU was bench tested and was reading a faults, Changed the ECU , didnt fix

Fault code triggers sometimes once i come to a complete Stop. sometimes its still in the memory and has not been cleared.
As you know once switch the car off then back on the indication does not show but its still registered in the ECU.

starting the car – when cold - instantly starts but if its hot it struggles to start.

i mention this - cause if i scan code 0833 is recorded once i clear the code the car will start without the struggle.
the engine is LS2 supercharged – charger was fitted over 9 years ago problem only started 18 months ago .. could be something in the tune.
is this somehow linked in any possible way. please advise me a solution.

billr

wrench
Staff member
The switch and PCM are connected with wiring/connectors that may be bad. You have to check out the whole circuit, not just components (switch and PCM) at each end of the circuit.

My guess is that the PCM is retarding spark advance to "soften" a perceived gear-shift. Live-data, maybe even data logging, is going to be your best diagnostic tool for this.

first the code is P0833 those alpha characters are needed.

The code is DTC P0833 Clutch Pedal Switch 2 Circuit, and the key word is CIRCUIT.
After Checking your wiring diagram -
Did you check fuse?
confirm 12v at switch ?
Check wire continuity switch to PCM?

Next a 6.0L supercharged engine with poor MPG - Who would have thought that would get good MPG?
ANyway engine is STOCK, no modifications, add on or miracle products ie chips, proms, etc?