Fault Code B2202 for 07' Jeep Wrangler..

VonHelman619

Wasn't finding any info for this code.. in the he ODB tourqe Pro app it just says "BODY".
IM HAVING SO MANY PROBLEMS with this Jeep... This is just one of 4-5 codes..
C107D "chassis" is another . Man oh man.
We have a short.. and the stabilizer bar bushings need replaced... Took her to a Jeep DEALERSHIP.. rip off artists.. STRAIGHT UP. So after spending $2000+ dollars... Were still having the same problems.. thy don't wanna do nothing to fix there shotty work.. they expect us to come in and pay AGAIN. my GAWD.

SORRY.. MY QUESTION IS... does anyone know what B2202 might mean? And since I'm here C107D as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

billr

wrench
Staff member
This is what I find for B2202: "No Communication to VICS Module (No Fitting of VICS) "

What is the "VICS"? Vehicle Information Communication Systems. The only reasonable explanation for that was that it is real-time road and traffic info.

The C107D seems to be a problem with a brake switch circuit, not much detail beyond that so far.

Post all the codes set, and I suggest going to a FLAPS to have the codes confirmed. Did you just buy this vehicle in this condition, or did the problems just pop-up recently? Was there any unusual event (accident, flood, fire, etc) the new problems? And, what are the present problems besides the codes? Does it not crank and run? Poor power? Poor fuel economy? Brakes/trans/steering don't work properly?

By "short" I assume you mean an electrical short-circuit. Describe that (symptoms, work done) in detail.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, bill, I gotta ask, cuz google was of no help. What is a FLAPS? I am guessing some sort of autozone that can help read codes so they can sell you parts or such. Dont get me wrong, I know what a flap is, a aeronautical device that is also used in conjunction with slats and such.

It is just the way you worded that, seems like it is some kind of convenience store everyone should know, but my search found nothing but NASA stuff. Is it a store?

@op, welcome, I see this is your first time. I am happy to try to help you with your wrangler, maybe we can move this to the domestic portion of this site and maybe you can post ALL the 4 to 5 codes you have.

If mister helman wants help, he will post all the codes.

The torque pro app cannot, repeat, cannot read manufacturer codes. So everything billr asked, I will just ask the same thing.

But I want to go a bit further, is it a rubicon, a sahara, a X version etc.

And plz, post back your original question in the domestic. And try to word it so my french arse can read it.

Jokes aside, welcome. My sister had a 4 door wrangler, gosh we had some good times in that thing. :p :oops: She used to say, oh my GAWD. I would say, see this thing is a monster when you want it to be. She just used it for city driving. City driving a jeep of this type is useless. In my opinion. But as I say very often here, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
As for the c107d code, it says to diagnose the engine codes first.

And this we do NOT know, since op seems a bit frustrated with his stealership. Maybe we can help him restore faith in life and see that not all ppl are dishonest.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Have we never used the FLAPS acronym here? I see it all the time, but maybe that is only on the Saturn forum.

Friendly Local Auto Parts Store Yeah; Autozone, Advanced Auto, O'Reilly, NAPA, etc

Mobile Dan

wrench
VIC in older Jeeps are Vehicle Information Center. I don't know what is in your Wrangler.

jigfeett

Last VIC that I saw with a defect it wasn't a true VIC it was a DIC, Driver Information Center, all kinds of codes going off and switching around. Pulled it apart and found a crack in the circuit board, a dab of solder and everything works as designed.
Unless the dealer replaced the VIC I would check that course of action.