Finding cool used stuff.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Well, sometimes, you just get lucky.

Last week and today, two real gems fell into my hands.

A very reliable bluepoint DVM. Complete with carrying case and even original back up fuses stuck in some foam in the box. Neg lead broke first time I used it but that is probably due to age and the leads being of a firm nature of the 90's compared to flex leads we have now days as technology grows in plastic and or gel tech. But what most impressed me was the design behind the IR1215ti I got this morning for a square 1 bone.

I have been looking everywhere for this holy grail of a ratchet. Up here, these were going for a 500$ cool after quebec tax, and then they got discontinued. 31VSK3JF81L._SX425_.jpg

You simply can't buy this one easy. You wait. The fixabilty if the design is way beyond good. It is military grade.

Oh, and the old DVM

https://bid.auctionbymayo.com/m/lot...ue-Point-MT586AK-Multimate-Digital-Multimeter

abrad

I'm on facesuck quite a bit, and they have a marketplace feature. I've found some good stuff on there. Actually found a radial arm saw for free. Guy posted that it worked until it stopped working. Brought it home and discovered that the safety interlock key was loose. Tightened it up and it works like a champ!

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Well, time to update thread here on cool things you find used.

Dewalt impact drill. Not the new ones. The trusty old 18v ni cad (which are convertible to 20v lithium) ones.

Whilst perusing the net, kijijji in my area told me there was a such gem on sale down the street from me for 50$.

This thing is great. Since I have bought it, can`t let go of it. Oh, and, I have only charged it once since I bought it three weeks ago. :eek:

Thing was so new when I bought it, it still had that new electric smell to it. At first I was worried. I thought maybe the dude burnt it.

I do alot of Europe cars lately, and they have a bunch of plastic under there. This tool is great for stuff like that.

dewalt.jpg

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Next one, but not used. New. Best buy of the year in my honest opinion in the tool money saving dept. Oh and my recent hearing loss will appreciate.

A cp714 for only 286$.

I had to pay 87.93$ in ups shipping and also do USof A to canada conversion for the 25cent gap we still for some reason have.

So in canadian, the total came to 379$ and odd cents on my dollar. I talked to my local vendor, he could not go down to 529$ and he said he was losing profit. Imagine that. But this local new wark/york site was able to half that almost and still make profit. The cp717 was 800$over.

Problem is, I live 44km's from the us border, need to pass international shyte, have to pay.

Brings up a whole other debate. Why are customs so complicated between such good and polite ppl as your neighborly northern french-man such as I. I don't recall having a beef with the likes of Trump like minded ppl. Give us a shake, we give you a shake. Easy. No?

This iron and aluminum shyte has to stop.

Anyway, good air hammer. Actually, one of the best on the world wide market today and only 286$, if you live in the US.

https://www.toolsource.com/air-hammer-c-273_512/zip-gun-heavy-duty-air-hammer-cpt714-p-75023.html

Last edited: