Followup on LeSabre

Last week I had posted about a sudden misfire on my 94 LeSabre. I've since had it in the shop to pull the codes. The following things are wrong with it:

The radiator has a leak. The person who looked at it said there was a hole in some plastic section. It is still drivable but I have to refill the coolant every couple days.

The following codes were pulled: P0123, P0705, P1406 and P0300. From what I gather, these are for trans range sensor, TPS high voltage, engine misfire and EGR valve. My question is this: Are some/all of these codes related? Could the EGR valve be causing the misfire?

I'm already buying a new car this weekend, but fixing this one up in my spare time and selling it rather than rolling it off to the junkyard might be fun. Is it worth it?

Gus

wrench
'94 with OBD II codes? Guess it's possible.....

Are the codes current or history? Can an EGR cause a misfire? Sure, but it would tend to cause all cylinders to misfire, not just one....this is a pintle position code....

Worth fixing? What you paid for it minus what it will cost to be fixed= profit!

Yeah, no one ever seems to believe me when I say the car is OBD II. I'm not sure about the history because I didn't pull the codes personally, but the EGR had been cleaned before and the light continued to come on intermittently. I ignored it because the car always ran perfectly fine (probably a mistake). The misfire just showed up one day when I started the car (drove to work, no issues, went to drive home 2 hours later and it has misfired since).

Gus

wrench
The only way to check the EGR is with a scan tool....at idle the position of the pintle shouldbe 0 %.....if greater than 0, then either the valve is stuck open or the position sensor in the EGR is bad...either case, probably needs a new EGR(considering years and mileage.....

The misfire could be a coil, wire, or injector...I'd be leaning towards a wire(if coil output is ok with a spark tester).....last COMPLETE tuneup?

Did the other codes come back after clearing them?

The car was in for regular oil changes, maintenance and inspection but never really for a tune up because this is the first time it hasn't been running without issue since I got it (30,000 miles ago. . . it's now just under 200,000). I'm not sure about the codes coming back. Like I said, the shop pulled them and said it wasn't worth the money to diagnose further. They were going to drive it to the junkyard but I had a change of heart and took it home instead. I don't really have a way of checking the codes myself.
I guess maybe replacing the EGR (ouch. . . that's expensive) and starting with basic stuff like coil and wires for the misfire would be a start.
To clarify the background, I originally got the car from my dad with a warning that the check engine light intermittently came on because of the EGR valve. He had cleaned it and solved the problem for a short time. So over the last 30,000 miles the light has gone on and off, but the car has always driven well and I've never had any problems up until now.