Ford NG Scanner or Autoenginuity?

autodr

Re: Latest calibration files for IDS

Andy690 said:
Hi

Just found this thread, does anybody have a spare copy of the calibration files newer than C43, and a copy of the files for Jaguar / Landrover ?

Happy to pay postage etc.

Thanks
IDs is capable of going on line automatically to retrieve the needed calibration files as they are needed. Also, you an do a manual update by clicking the system tools icon in the lower left... the icon that looks like a swiss army knife. IDS really shines when the shop that is using it, has the laptop set up on wireless high speed internet access.

Hi Autodr.I have used the IDS and it is indeed pretty cool.Kinda funky to use and there is the big laptop thing.As far as in house it is pretty cool because I love PC based equipment but for the most part I still grab PDS,just so small instant on and you are looking at data quickly.I will probably like IDS more and more as I get used to it but that old dog new tricks thing always gets in the way.LOL.

See ya.
Ronnie. :)

autodr

I agree, the nicest thing about the PDS is its size. I also like all-tests menu on the PDS, not found on IDS. From that one screen all vehicle self tests can be accessed PATs keys, ABS bleed, seat re-zeroing, and more from one screen... sweet.

You get used to using the laptop though. Now that I have IDS on my own personal laptop, I just grab the shop's spare VCM and cables from the office and only carry a laptop from my tool box to the car.

Hickok has the 07 NGS software update out with a new power balance feature and also a new NGS PC version that includes web flash.

http://www.hickok-inc.com/ngs/NGS_MAY_07.PDF