Four wheel drive will not work

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
In all data and mitchtel, if you go straight into silverado, you dont get k option with 1500. You have to go into pick up base model.

I got why I got confused. ;) But real deal is, is this the f ing truck you want to fix?

tdark

Trouble chart would be great also. Thanks a lot.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Tom, I would never ask you to charge me anything. It was a figure of speak and how I live.

I really appreciate all here and the effort we take to make this a community.

Try two wire encoder with a battery if it moves, the frankenstein works and the gremlin is elsewhere, if not swap encoder moter. They are after just a glorified wiper motor in my opinion and have to drive home a transfer case. So yeah, they do burn out.

tdark

Thanks for the help. The wiring diagram helped; I changed the transfer case motor for him. While I was at it I put a new actuator on front axle. The fuse that blew was relating to transfer case motor according to diagram you uploaded. All is well. Shifts perfect now. Those bolts on the motor must have had lock tight on them. I did manage to get them out though. Thanks again. Tom

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Thx Tom for posting a fixed, it is always appreciated when we know we help out.

So it was the encoder motor that shorted or drew too many amps. Good to know for others who fall on this thread, wiring will be there for them also.

Anyway, stay cool, we hit 35c today in quebec, south part, with humidex, was 45ish C and we were sweating galore. Good way to loose weight, but if your like me, just skin and bones, needed mucho gatoraide. :giveup:

Today was not a day to be revving engines in the bays for no reason. ;)

Happy u got her done and buttoned up. :bat::fixed::D

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
@ tom, as an after thought in regards to those bolts, have you ever heard of a tool called a "miniductor"?

I am in love with this tool.

Have been using it for about a year now and about to post a review in the automotive product section here. I know it is expensive, but if your a serious do it yourselfer, this is a very cool tool to own and keeps cost down on acetylene/propane etc.

Sometimes, I use for small applications like this, doesnt heat aluminum, just the bolt and melts the lock tight.

So, if ever you find one used lets say or cheap, buy it, I love it. I hardly ever pull the torches out anymore. Sure there are times when I have to go bunzai, but I don't know why the guys at the shop dont use it. It is now part of my arsenal, and they can pry it from me from my cold dead hands as charles heston once said. Boss basically gave it to me, he said you use it and keep cost down. Oh, and I dont have a pace maker. ;):eek:

tdark

Thanks nickb2 but at my age I doubt I would use it very much plus that thing is costly. That is a very neat tool though.
As always I do appreciate your help here. The truck is working perfect.