Freon evaporating out of cans?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
3/4 of what in that comment is , first untrue, but most, not up to date, maybe too much FOX news.

NickD

wrench
Nobody asked me what sex I wanted, how I would look, what race, like anybody else was just dumped here. Could have been dumped in Poland and only lasted six months before the Germans bombed it killing women and babies. And thank goodness, parents weren't Jewish, those babies starved to death or frozen in concentration camps.

Past 24 years of goofy presidents was bad enough giving our jobs away to China, not even Bush stopped this, but accidentally started a major war in the wrong country. He did apologized for that, but way too little too late. Did nothing to bring our jobs back.

Least we weren't dumped here during the Civil war, having a leg cut off with a saw without anesthetics or having your arm pushed in boiling oil to get you to change your religion didn't sound very good either.

Listening to Al Gore preach about CFC refrigerants, made me want to throw up, what a dirty fifty liar and bet he got a fortune from DuPont with their fresh patent. And unlike any other recall, was up to a single mom with kids to pay for the conversion, not the companies that made or used it.

Then this BS about 0.06% of the atmosphere having a gas that is causing global waming, how can even countries be so stupid to believe in this BS, just like Canda banning CFC, still the safest refrigerant in the world and the only one approved by the FDA for inhalers.

HFC's need a women's facial cream for a lubricant, and the slightest bit of moisture creates an acid that can eat up your system inside out. It also causes global warming, CFC's are highly biodegradable and none are found anywhere.

NickD

wrench
Still have six pounds left of R-12 in a tank, 88 Supra still needs it and one vehicle that cannot be converted to R-134a, but in the last 32 years only lost 3 ounces, the condenser and evaporator are made of copper and brass, if a stone hits the condenser, but does not even hurt that long copper tube. If aluminum like this new crap, parallel flow, paper thin, bang, there goes all your R-134a.

Suppose to be a law R-134a is recovered not only crappy aluminum, using little rubber O'rings even on the red hot tubing that change into dust. Can't repair and R-12 service port for 50 cents, with these stupid quick connect service ports, the entire line had to be replaced and on some cars, over 600 bucks for just that part. Compressor seals are crap, GM went to a single lip seal and even the clutch couldn't have a nut was a shrink fit. Valve caps were steel with neoprene washer, arguments were was it the Schrader valve or the steel cap giving the seal, actually both kept R-12 from leaking.

R-134a has that large diaphragm in a quick connector that never seats properly plus using a cheap plastic cap, on the high side, heat makes it crack, this is how stupid AC systems have become.

Chlorine gas was said to be released by AH Gore when R-12 was broken down, R-22 was also picked on with only 1/100th of the value, but extremely huge sewage disposal plants in every little town of city is loaded with Chlorine that was never mentioned. Not good having criminals in office, Clinton was a sex maniac, I would be one too if married to Hilary.