Make
chevy
Model
impala
Year
Miles
Engine
V6
I asked this previously and got answers but no positive results:: How can I clean/remove the haze, from the inside of my windshield? So far I have tried every thing suggested and it just keeps smearing worse. Here's what I've used so far::
window cleaner and paper towells

window cleaner and newspaper

vinegar and paper towells

vinegar and newspaper

Dawn dishwashing liquid in water with soft cloth

Dawn with paper towells

Dawn with newspaper

It's gotten that I can barely see out of the windshield when heading into the sun

Website
www.billjohnson.info
I asked this previously and got answers but no positive results:: How can I clean/remove the haze, from the inside of my windshield? So far I have tried every thing suggested and it just keeps smearing worse. Here's what I've used so far::

vinegar and newspaper

Dawn with paper towells

Dawn with newspaper

It's gotten that I can barely see out of the windshield when heading into the sun

vinegar and newspaper

Dawn with paper towells

Dawn with newspaper

Take an old folded up white T-shirt dry, straight line rubbing from top to bottom of wind shield, needs to be folded several layers thick.

no heater core leak. The windshield had a usual buildup of "haze'. I've always been able to clean hazes before with window cleaner and paper towells, but when I tried it this time the smearing got worse, and nothing seems to help.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Try ammonia. No joy? Then ethanol or paint-thinner. I don't think it makes any difference what you use to wipe with

Went through the owner's manual and couldn't find if this car has a cabin filter or not, but that doesn't tell me how to remove the "haze".
Haven't tried ammonia ( don't have any on hand). Would a lightly wetted rag with gasoline do any good?

PC

That "film" on the inside windows drives me nuts as well. I found best results with the spray can foaming window cleaner on cool glass so it doesn't evaporate quickly, then buff the glass with a clean soft rag, cotton t-shirt works good. Now if I can figure out how to remove that "film" on the outside of the windshield when the wipers run over it causes such a glare at night.

I'll get some ammonia and try that. Any suggestion on the mix? 50-50?

On the outside I have no problem. I found that "film " is oils from the roads. I scrub the outside very hard with Dawn, even two or three applications if necessary, then I only use the orange Rain-X windshield fluid. Outside is easy to do. That's why I was shocked that the Dawn wouldn't work on the inside

billr

wrench
Staff member
I use the ammonia straight from the jug, but I am using it to clean off baked-on smoke on the inside of a wood-stove window. Ammonia was the only thing that seemed to work reasonably for that.

I tried about everything then was given a container of Rain-X automotive window wipes. They took about 99% of the haze away. Works for me!! Doing my happy dance now