Glad I'm not back in Marine Corps boot camp during this pandemic

eddieguy

Since the U.S. Marine Corps has just celebrated another birthday it got me to thinking about they handle boot camp now. There was no social distancing back then for me they crammed us into cattle cars talk about tight quarters.

I only weighed 119 lbs. Just made the weight requirement by just a few pounds. Heres a pic back in 83

Attachments

bob428

Thanks for your service.

NickD

wrench
See you are eating off of dishes, we had that steel tray with your dessert dropped on your mash potatoes. What kind of pup tent did you get, we only got a half a tent, had to find a guy with the other half to keep out the rain almost.

Thank you for your service, but that is all you will get, some thanks, but since yesterday was vet day, with a vet ID card, could get 10% of a hamburger at Macs.

Did occur to me later that I was a stupid 18 year kid learning how to kill another stupid 18 year old kid where neither of us heard of each others country, living in chithole conditions while the leaders that caused these wars or conflicts lived a live of extreme comfort.

I was 6' 2" tall, 205 pounds, dad left my mom when I was ten years old, had a morning and afternoon paper route for six years 365 days a year then when I was 16 made more money setting pins, so was one tough SOB. But had to be nice to that little chit big mount DI I had or will be in big trouble.

My eight year old grandson was exposed to that virus from those dirty basterd Chinese, would love to go there an kick butt, but can't do that as a civilian, could only kill if I was in the military, but they won't take me back. First thing we learned when separated by religion is that you no longer have to be concerned about that 5th commandment. If you don't know religion, that is, Thou shalt not kill! But okay if you are in the military.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Cool share eddieguy. That is one clean chin in the first pic with the full uniform.

As a canadian, I also thx you and others here who served.

Funny anecdote, I once went to army office on La rue st-jean in quebec city in my early twenties. I posted for army mechanic, but after testing, they wanted me more in the aeronautical. I was hyped about that. They said they were sending me to boot camp, then to borden to go to university to become an officer.

I came home after passing medical and all other tests, told my gf of the time, the mother of my son that I was admitted and just need to sign up, but we would need to move to ontario. She was not pleased at all. I had still not signed the dotted line, so I asked her to think about it. She said in again a most aggressive tone, I am not f ing moving to ontario, I dont even speak english. I said I do, and we will teach you, emphatic no, and that was the end of that dream. I could be retired by now if I wanted to, but love has a strange way of making you do stupid choices

My ex was and is a very pretty girl with a sort of attitude which I liked at first, but sure showed up for gym class at separation time if you get my drift. I would have taken a drill sergeant any day or two boot camps over going through the mud in COURT FOR CUSTODY OF MY SON AND OTHER TRIVIAL SHYTE.. So, since I was young, I chose arse instead of financial. I hit the caps on that one, cause that was my biggest personal battle. But that is for other threads.

I am sure there are thousands of stories like this one.

But I sure like your share and pics eddie. Kudos on you for doing that, even if you only weighed 119. I weighed 155 back then, still weigh 155 today. I wore 32 32 levis jeans back then, still wear 32 32 levis jeans to day.

I trust beer and levis. Levis dont fit, drink less beer and work more harder. But I am going on 46 now, that is getting harder to do.

amen

Since you shared pictures of pictures, heres one of my favorites of exactly back then when I went openly to want to serve, but I chose pussy.

Btw, the girl in this shot is not my ex, that is my sister, so tread carefully. ;) I am the guy with the cowboy boots with bronze caps, beige levis and big hairdo. I was probably around your age then eddie. But probably a decade later. IMG_20201114_161823314[1].jpg

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
in case your wondering, in background, yamaha seca 1984 with the first digital dash 750cc, the other one was my dads but then got mine 1979 1000cc goldwing and a 1990ish nissan pulsar sport back model which was my step moms favorite car. I personally hated it, but hey, she loved it. Till she smashed it. :p :giveup:

eddieguy

in case your wondering, in background, yamaha seca 1984 with the first digital dash 750cc, the other one was my dads but then got mine 1979 1000cc goldwing and a 1990ish nissan pulsar sport back model which was my step moms favorite car. I personally hated it, but hey, she loved it. Till she smashed it. :p :giveup:
You were a handsome fella back in the day, if your wife was as cute as you sis i can see why you fell for her.

I can relate to you on what damage a pretty face can do to a guy. I was the sole Breadwinner of my family when I was married now that we're divorced she's the one that makes all the cash.

I don't think I have any pics of my ex-wife on my phone when she was young probably because I don't want to torture myself. Here is a more recent picture of her though probably about four years back with one of my two sons she still looks pretty good, think shes 50 in this pic. thanks for sharing your pics I thought they were pretty cool.

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
And yes, I did go see formula one racing qualifying in jogging pants. Judge me if you dare. Mostly, we went to tiitty bars on la rue st denis and st catherine in montreal. In jogging pants. :eek:

We didnt use the old pontiac, my buddy hugo, with the bag in his hand was the driver, so it was his old monte carlo blue thing.

What a blast that weekend was. My buddy hugo and I were MIA for three days.

NickD

wrench
Boot camp was bullchit the way they treated us, said we were lower than whalechit, knocked us down to the lowest level to build us up again to their level. Full Metal Jacket was the most accurate movie about boot camp, all those WW II movies were lies with long hair and meeting sexy women.

Could have knocked the crap out of my DI's but had to force myself to be nice and humble. Did have a license to kill, but not just anybody, just other 18 year kids from another country.

Would be nice to put on my uniform again and blast the hell out of those Chinese that started this covid-19 BS, basterds are picking on my grandkids. But they tell me I am too old!

eddieguy

Actually
See you are eating off of dishes, we had that steel tray with your dessert dropped on your mash potatoes. What kind of pup tent did you get, we only got a half a tent, had to find a guy with the other half to keep out the rain almost.

Thank you for your service, but that is all you will get, some thanks, but since yesterday was vet day, with a vet ID card, could get 10% of a hamburger at Macs.

Did occur to me later that I was a stupid 18 year kid learning how to kill another stupid 18 year old kid where neither of us heard of each others country, living in chithole conditions while the leaders that caused these wars or conflicts lived a live of extreme comfort.

I was 6' 2" tall, 205 pounds, dad left my mom when I was ten years old, had a morning and afternoon paper route for six years 365 days a year then when I was 16 made more money setting pins, so was one tough SOB. But had to be nice to that little chit big mount DI I had or will be in big trouble.

My eight year old grandson was exposed to that virus from those dirty basterd Chinese, would love to go there an kick butt, but can't do that as a civilian, could only kill if I was in the military, but they won't take me back. First thing we learned when separated by religion is that you no longer have to be concerned about that 5th commandment. If you don't know religion, that is, Thou shalt not kill! But okay if you are in the military.
actually I'm in Korea and that picture where I'm eating off those plates one of their Korean diplomats I guess wanted us Americans to try

actually the only reason that I'm eating off of dishes in the picture is because I was in Korea and one of their politicians I guess wanted us Americans to try some of their traditional Korean cuisine to be honest about it none of us really cared for it we're just trying to be polite we would have all rather have had a good old greasy American cheeseburger

NickD

wrench
I had both the Berlin and Cuban crisis that extended my stay, the full six year. Mom died, went home to take care of my younger sister and two brothers during the Vietnam years. Both my brothers were drafted in 1966 and 1968, the older one was sent to South Korea, that would be 54 years ago, still having a problem. Younger one talked them in sending him to med school where he became an MD. But he put in 30 years and retired as a colonel and served mostly in Germany.

One cousin was killed in Vietnam with idiots like Johnson and Nixon in charge, our troops didn't stand a chance very restricted. Founders of this country didn't think about guys like Johnson, Nixon, Clinton, the Bush's with Iraq, Clinton, a certified draft dodger pardoned by Johnson, Biden, another draft dodger. These guys have no business being commander in chief of the armed services and our troops suffered under them.

eddieguy

I would agree with the fact that we have had presidents that had no business serving that position and being commander-in-chief unlike the early days of America when we had presidents that not only knew what it meant to serve but actually led the way.

I supposedly served during peacetime but tell that to the 241 service members who lost their lives in a pile of rubble and 100 injured do to a terrorist bomb in Beirut in 83. three were army soldiers and the rest were sailors one of the most deadliest single day's in Marine Corps history

Attachments

NickD

wrench
Getting a bit concerned about China, Russia, and the Ukraine taking over our government about a particular politician they own.

This country took an extremely violent reaction to when the Japanese bomber Pearl Harbor killing 1,900 men. But doesn't seem to be doing anything about this attack from China that already killed a quarter of a million Americans. But not just the USA was attacked, so was every other country.

And sure isn't the heck an accident, when at the same time thousands of Chinese were infected and directed to practically every country on this earth. Thousands infected came to the US to infect many cities.

Bill Clinton received huge donations from the Chinese. Using his power with OSHA, EPA, ERA, and the IRS quickly managed to shut down over 8,000 rebuilding shops in the USA. IRS forced rebuilders to value their cores at retail price, delayed 8 year fight in the supreme court, inventory is profit. Seen grown men cry losing their business, and the entire rebuilding industry was moved to China, making pure crap. Bush didn't do anything with his oil interest in Iraq, Obama was just as bad as Clinton. Killed the last electronic industries in this country.

These are traitors to the citizens of the USA, but yet getting off free. Finally get a guy trying to bring our industries back, FBI on his butt for phony Russian collusion charges.

Also dropping the voting age to 18 with that worthless Vietnam war, did drop the getting drunk age, but brought that back. Spoiled brat rich kids too stupid to believe they are getting things for free from the government, this country is going to hell.