GM AC question

dabunk

wrench
Website
www.facebook.com
Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE:chevy
MODEL:3500 cutaway
YEAR:2010
MILES:150K
ENGINE
:6.0 gas
DESCRIBE ISSUE....AC dual ac conversion expansion valve on the rear ac but cannot find the orifice tube location for the front evap. Can anyone tell me where it is located? Thanks Dave

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I don't know if this will help. But I think you were asking for the auxiliary core, right?

Any, see ace 0 pdf and ace 1 also.

If my info was wrong, plenty other info for you if you want Dave.

Attachments

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
To actually answer your question, it is in the condenser tube, 3 1/4 inch from the bend for the orifice/expansion valve.

The front one should look like this.
Screenshot (748).png

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
If you have big hands, may need to tear a few things away to get to it.

:D

I say this joke because I know you fix buses, so your used to big space. Try an expansion valve on a nissan altima or maxima. Clients don't like the write up on those.:eek:

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Retro fitting from a fixed expansion slash orifice tube is very doable. Up here, we don't do them often, but clients like the conversion, so when the A/C quits, like they always do eventually, the conversion is bolt on off easy.

I never liked the concept of a fixed orifice tube, but they worked fine for generations.

Ok, I think I have said enough for today. I just hope my advice helped and I didn't talk to much out of my arse as this is not my area of specialty. Yeah, that was a lame disclaimer.

Have fun new Jersey. :beer:

brcidd

Never seen a dual system have the OT in the condenser outlet-- it is always behind the tee to front evap. If there is one in condenser outlet, that is a mistake.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I don't think I wrote clearly my intentions and what I do for retrofitting when some models are simply inserted in the tube and are hell to pick out and stuck. I just cut the section and install a kit like this.

The model Dabunk has to work on already has this as seen in reply #3.

Screenshot (749).png

dabunk

wrench
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes it should be after the t fitting but not one in it so I installed one of the aftermrket kits from Napa and is working fine. Somewhere along the life of this van someone either cut it out or eliminated it somehow. Thanks all Dave