Had to renew my driver's license.

NickD

wrench
Besides surrendering my old drivers license and receiving renewals for the last 65 years, wanted to see my US passport, also shown my vet card, my aircraft license, my social security card, and paid with my credit card with my name on it. Also had to fill out of form for the first time with further identification.

After all this, received this email from the DMV.

"Your Wisconsin driver license, instruction permit or identification (ID) card
was recently issued at a DMV Customer Service Center.

Don't recognize this activity? Email us at: accountalerts@dot.wi.gov"

Aren't they getting just a bit paranoid?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Nickd, run away. It is a scam.

As in canada, this rule should rule true for you.

YOUR DMV WILL NEVER EMAIL YOU DIRECTLY.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
OR YOUR GETTING OLD, FOLLOW TROUBLE TREE, and follow step one, stop, then listen, step two, listen again.

Run is a great tune which shows what is exactly happening to our elders.

Very sad. Happy we made it till here.

And next tune goes as such never give up valor, over money. RULE

Not worth the nightmare that ensues.

Nickd, I value your valor, your efforts to stay here, your insight in things I would never have thought about, basically, I think you, especially you, merit, the valor.

Jackc was pissed off at me once. I tried not to make it all about me, but got lost.

Anyway, you post enough here, you probably see all I see of you also. ;)

Hope your family is tight, stay safe all.

NickD

wrench
Not exactly stupid yet but getting there. All that information was given to the clerk at the DMV office and was requested by him so that I could renew my license. Eight years ago, just had to turn in my own license so who is getting paranoid.

There was no doubt with the clerk that I am me and that my credit card was good.

Just found it weird the DMV sent me an no reply email noting that someone applied for my drivers license and if it was not me to notify the DMV. Anybody else does not have all that documentation.

Also make a big deal about keeping your social security number, ha, if anyone wants my number that can have, all they can do is pay money to my account. To get your money back from them takes tons of proof that you are you.

NickD

wrench
My wife is an import, ha, they don't make them here like in other countries. She did get her US citizenship, but our nutty DMV would not issue her a driver's license until she brought in her US citizenship certificate. But when she went to register to vote, they didn't want to see it.

She failed her driver's test three times, but still could drive with her international driver's license according to my insurance company. Reason for failure was taking her right hand off the steering wheel because our vehicle had a six speed manual. She came from a country where automatic transmissions were not heard of.

Had to buy a car with an AT so she could pass.

I did apply for a government job but was found unacceptable, had to take an IQ test and I flunked because my IQ was greater than 2. Only hire complete morons.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
for some reason, I feel I need to keep responding to this one, even if I know I will be vulnerable.

My gf just texted, she will be off at 8:30ish am. She just finished night crew for elderly care. My hat is off to her. Big kisses when we see each other. And maybe then she can sleep in a proper bed

I did apply for a government job but was found unacceptable, had to take an IQ test and I flunked because my IQ was greater than 2. Only hire complete morons.

On this one

Yeah, me too, it happened, but not for a guv job, just for black and decker. They wanted a floor tech. I applied. They said do you know how to use a multimeter?

I think I was out the door first. The guy said dont let the door shut you in the ass. I said, thx, you just told me I cant have the job cuz I am overqualified. So I am out, bye bye. Why is that a problem for you?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I have found that in life, when you are brutally honest, alot of ppl dont like it.

But what has saved my sorry arse you might ask? well, brutal honesty. :oops: :giveup:

NickD

wrench
Ha, not kidding, was one of the highest paid engineers for three companies I worked for, sales boosted so great, owners sold all three at different times. Since I was the highest paid engineer was the first one laid off, but all three companies folded it up in under a year because they couldn't keep with technology or even properly manufacture the stuff I designed.

So screw working for these jerks, founded my own company clear back in 1980 and did quite well. No thanks to our crooked Government starting with Bill Clinton, all of our electronic companies ended up in China. Were not interested in hiring me, why should they pay me when they could steal designs from anybody, even so-called patent protected products, our own patent office was also given to the Chinese. Our patent office was wide opened to the Japs, but no US guy could get a patent in Japan. Japan even stole the IC patent from TI and items using that patent was imported here from Japan, so we have a government more interested in far east countries from here.

Clinton got the IRS to charge auto rebuilders retail prices on old cores that was delayed by this basterd for eight years from the supreme court that put over 8,000 automotive rebuilders some very large companies, out of business. And that basterd got away with it. Seen grown men cry losing their plants.

In regards to wearing the US uniform, 18 year old kid had four choices enlist, get drafted, go to prison or escape to Canada. In regards to serving his county, hippies called us baby killers. This is telling stuff the way they are or were.

Ha, could drop a large like new V-8 for 65 bucks in a 48 coupe and leave spoiled brat rich kids in the dust, can't do this anymore with the EPA and DOT when we were in the land of the free. Son wanted to build a kit car, contacted over a dozen insurance companies, for a thousand bucks of coverage want $999.99 per year that would provide coverage, most said no. If you switch an incandescent light bulb for an LED in like a stop light and hit by another idiot, won't get coverage because you modified your car, this is how bad this land of the free has become.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I have left well paying somewhat jobs for less.

I once put national Niagara falls tool box in my old jimmy.

I dont think a boss ever seen a crazy frenchman saying im done.

I said, before this comes to blows, you owe me, and the clienjt an apology.

Yeah, that wasnt in the cards apparently.

Stuart Anderson

Canadian Tire advertised for a service Rep. I thought what the heck and applied. Filled out the forms. A snot nosed kit with a shirt pocket full of pens read my information. Quote” you are over qualified” unquote. Go figger.

NickD

wrench
Canadian Tire advertised for a service Rep. I thought what the heck and applied. Filled out the forms. A snot nosed kit with a shirt pocket full of pens read my information. Quote” you are over qualified” unquote. Go figger.

Ha, was told the same thing, guy even saying afraid I will take his job, talked to the GM and showed him my qualifications, not only was hired but took that guys jobs.