Headlight lens restorer

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
This site helped me from NOT being a statistic. Point blank. It helped me to focus, wonder whyu others would want o help a guy lost like me. So essence, the community here is what actually keeps it alive.

The odds and ends the wrenches leave behind.

Some love gods, I love way to many gods, beer especially.

But my first god is, help your fellow man, whatever you have, and try.

For free,

And if it worked, you actually listened to the menotrs, maybe that shyte starts up and purrs for a klong while, saving you valluable money you need in these covid times

eddieguy

This site helped me from NOT being a statistic. Point blank. It helped me to focus, wonder whyu others would want o help a guy lost like me. So essence, the community here is what actually keeps it alive.

The odds and ends the wrenches leave behind.

Some love gods, I love way to many gods, beer especially.

But my first god is, help your fellow man, whatever you have, and try.

For free,

And if it worked, you actually listened to the menotrs, maybe that shyte starts up and purrs for a klong while, saving you valluable money you need in these covid times
hey I try to make it clear on this site that I definitely appreciate all the years of experience that all of you have put into your advice on here so this guy is definitely appreciative

grcauto

I use Meguiars. You'll finish with swirl remover. It'll be like glass.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Coming back to this thread about headlamp restore kits, a co worker talked to me about this, kind of like what formula 1 drivers use on thier visors when driving in rain. I think the idea is cool, but does it hold up for the price is the question.

I dont know price as it probably goes by car specific. But here is the link he gave me. I know the company, we sell car mats from them and the clients love the company. I am tempted to buy the car mat set for my newish corrola s 6 manual. I might look to see if they have those peel off things for my blue car.

So without more further ado (I heard that somewhere and thought it was a funny way to say "I will get the point soon"):p, here is that link, I think it is a good idea agaim because once you have restored the lens, you just apply the thing, and peel it off when it is no longer of good view and slap another on. The effort you put into sand those suckers down is preserved.

;) But does the film last?

https://www.weathertech.ca/en/lampgard/

NickD

wrench
Headlight lens restorer ain't enough, since they quit adding nickel to steel that prevents rust, also need a can of body restorer.

Throwaway parts? Biggest one is the entire unibody based on an accordion instrument design. Except when you compress an accordion can pull it apart again, but a unibody stays that way.

Stuart Anderson

I bought a kit at Crappy Tire one year. Worked pretty good. Easy to use. Don’t remember what the brand name was.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Up here in french canada, we say canadian BING BANG.:D:p:giveup:

It is true though, they sell some crappy stuff, but if you really look, canadian tire has much to offer, if you are willing to pay a bit extra.

I almost never set foot in a walmart. Except for looking at a site called ppl of walmart. If you want a good laugh, go check it out. I dont think they have a site for that for crappy tire. Cuz crappy tire, does have a certain dignity to it. :eek: Dare I say.I have never seen the likes of walmart ppl like down in texas shop at crappy tire, they go next door to walmart.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I use Meguiars. You'll finish with swirl remover. It'll be like glass.
I looked into it, and found it. And I will try that. I trust maguires. Been a reputable company for decades if not more.

I just want to know, how to preserve the effort AFTER the swirl remover much as the 3m kit. Only thing I found was to clear it or like my co worker suggested, use slap on formula one type sticker like mentioned above, cuz that last thing I want to do is restore headlamps twice a year, might as well just buy new ones and be done with it.

There must be a better way.