Help 98 Toyota Camry LE 4.0 Wiring Plugs information

Hello All Toyota Gurus,

I am stumped right now on a 1998 Toyota Camry Le 4.0. I am wanting to install a Keyless Entry system + open the door trunk.

I own the Haynes book for the car (1997-2001 Camry). It has the wiring diagrams for it. It has the switches for it.
What I do NOT have is the following:

1. Under the dash there is a fuse block and a bunch of wiring plugs but I do NOT have anything that tells me what goes where or which plug connects with what?? That is one bit of information...a Picture/diagram of each plug where it is Physically connected.

2. Same thing for the plugs under the kick panel on the driver side. I have nothing on that as well.

What I need is to be able to go from the wiring diagrams of the Power door locks, horn, etc. and find the correct plug ..which gives me the wires I need to tap into in order to get my keyless entry to work.

2.5) I am to tap into the green wire from the steering column but I am not sure which white wiring harness they are talking about. (they say....the one that is coming toward you)

3. IF I get those diagrams here that is my FIRST main goal. To get the keyless entry working.

4. NOW After that...I will want to know how to fix the trunk to pop open with the motor I purchase.
I have the motor and the relay the manufacture sold me....but I will need help on how to do that.

-- but first - If you have access to those diagrams of how the lay of the land is on the wiring harnesses under my steering wheel and what they are connected to...That would go a big way to helping me.

Hondadude

Top of the page in the brown header bar;

Get an AlldataDIY Repair Info Subscription

2POINTautO

Toyota also has a technician type pay service for the public also, I think you can pay for one day and download as much as you like.

I just needed a connector information for a Honda, there was ZERO info in Mitchell on Demand (OD5), but the factory (American book) info had some pretty good info, not 100%. Japanese wire diagrams show the location, connector number, shape (drawing) and pin out of every connector in their wire diagrams.

Where would I get this Toyota manual?? From the manufacture?? What webpage would you refer to?

Ford_Dude

wrench
Hondadude was pointing you to the alldata DIY page.
http://www.alldata.com/products/diy/index.html

Ford_Dude