Help me!!

billr

wrench
Staff member
If the rear plugs are awful to get to, just check for spark at the fronts. That is assuming each coil ignites both a front and rear cylinder. If any coil connects to two rears, then check it with the wires out and the screws/clips in the coil towers to provide a reasonable (1/2") gap.

grcauto

wrench
Let me try and figure out how to upload a picture or a video. I test the plugs with a dummy light. You know, it plugs into the boot of the plug wires? I’m not challenging why y’all are asking in any means possible.
How much of a gap do they jump? Is it a nice blue color and does it crack when it goes?

Stirling

If the rear plugs are awful to get to, just check for spark at the fronts. That is assuming each coil ignites both a front and rear cylinder. If any coil connects to two rears, then check it with the wires out and the screws/clips in the coil towers to provide a reasonable (1/2") gap.
Yeah it’s a pain to get to them. You’re talking about at the coil pack or the spark plug? Checking it that way

billr

wrench
Staff member
Are you saying all three coils do produce a spark? Yeah, a good spark will be bluish-white.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
But my most preferred one to see if a coil pack can fire is this one. Like grc said, and bill also, if no bluish whitish spark at half inch, not getting saturated enough to give 40kv spark.