Help me!!

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Hmm, took time to look at this picture, #2 is firing but dangit, that plug looks nasty.

Question, did you get my trouble shoot for this car? Or maybe the one I sent was not appropriate. I really want to help you with this beast. Rare car, needs to be kept alive.

So since it is easter monday, birds are chirping, even heard an owl while I was walking, and I thought to myself, what a wonderful day of to relax and enjoy.

I miss coming on here like I used to, now I will try more since my studying is done.

These forums are hard to forge freinship, ya kind of have to stick around to really enjoy the depth of ppl here. Alot of them went away, jim F was quite hilarious, sadly he passed away.

On a side note, funny anecdote, was at work the other day, thought of you. rare nice car pulls up to car wash, mitshubishi eclipse. I always have a hard time writing that word. Anyway, it was clean, like my old one back in the 90ish.

Ya just gotta be patient with these cars, they flood easy and sometimes, you may fault the pcm if you f ed with it to much.

Point in case, many hyundais, blew transistors in the pcm because of bad engine grounds. So, maybe I was to quick to say.

But lets play Billr game, safer than sorry, no more throwing parts at car, time to get down to business, if you need anything in shop manual shyte, I got you.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
If you won't answer questions, stop challenging why we are asking, and post some pix/videos, I will soon give up here too. I am not insisting everything I say is correct or makes sense; but I need to get a clear picture of what is going on to help you.
For a guy like bill to write this, you may want to listen, re focus on the steak. If you need a wiring or other no problem. If you would live next to me, I would go fix it myself, cuz this is a sweet car, you have to treat it properly.

Stirling

Hmm, took time to look at this picture, #2 is firing but dangit, that plug looks nasty.

Question, did you get my trouble shoot for this car? Or maybe the one I sent was not appropriate. I really want to help you with this beast. Rare car, needs to be kept alive.

So since it is easter monday, birds are chirping, even heard an owl while I was walking, and I thought to myself, what a wonderful day of to relax and enjoy.

I miss coming on here like I used to, now I will try more since my studying is done.

These forums are hard to forge freinship, ya kind of have to stick around to really enjoy the depth of ppl here. Alot of them went away, jim F was quite hilarious, sadly he passed away.

On a side note, funny anecdote, was at work the other day, thought of you. rare nice car pulls up to car wash, mitshubishi eclipse. I always have a hard time writing that word. Anyway, it was clean, like my old one back in the 90ish.

Ya just gotta be patient with these cars, they flood easy and sometimes, you may fault the pcm if you f ed with it to much.

Point in case, many hyundais, blew transistors in the pcm because of bad engine grounds. So, maybe I was to quick to say.

But lets play Billr game, safer than sorry, no more throwing parts at car, time to get down to business, if you need anything in shop manual shyte, I got you.
I’m new to this platform, I love this car I really do but it’s annoying as fuck. So pull all the plugs and fuses and try to dry it out?

Stirling

For a guy like bill to write this, you may want to listen, re focus on the steak. If you need a wiring or other no problem. If you would live next to me, I would go fix it myself, cuz this is a sweet car, you have to treat it properly.

Oh I’m listening to all of y’all believe me. I’m not a real mechanic lol. So trying to explain it to them I get the words fucked up

billr

wrench
Staff member
You see a spark in the picture of plugs 6-4-2? I sure don't, and if it is there it can't be 1/2" with those gaps. What I do see is pretty tired plugs. I was under the impression they were nearly new! Replace them.

Where is the 1/2" (or more?) spark being seen? At this point I am going to insist you check for a 1/2" spark down at the plug end of each wire. Remember, the two coil outputs have to have a conductive path between them. The easiest way is to ground the (plug) end of one wire while testing for spark at the other.

I would also like to find out what compression readings are now. Yes, you will have to battle those rear cylinders, but you have to do that anyway to check spark and to renew the plugs. Take compression with all plugs out and throttle held wide-open.

Which coil is it that seems bad, what cylinders does it serve? What is the firing order for this engine? Is it a VVT engine?

Don't forget to disable fueling and try starting-fluid after the plugs are renewed and compression taken. That is assuming, of course, that you get spark at the end of, at least, one plug wire. No spark at all? Don't bother with the starting-fluid!

grcauto

wrench
Why don't you replace those three plugs with new and it should hit a little if you truly have spark.

Stirling

You see a spark in the picture of plugs 6-4-2? I sure don't, and if it is there it can't be 1/2" with those gaps. What I do see is pretty tired plugs. I was under the impression they were nearly new! Replace them.

Where is the 1/2" (or more?) spark being seen? At this point I am going to insist you check for a 1/2" spark down at the plug end of each wire. Remember, the two coil outputs have to have a conductive path between them. The easiest way is to ground the (plug) end of one wire while testing for spark at the other.

I would also like to find out what compression readings are now. Yes, you will have to battle those rear cylinders, but you have to do that anyway to check spark and to renew the plugs. Take compression with all plugs out and throttle held wide-open.

Which coil is it that seems bad, what cylinders does it serve? What is the firing order for this engine? Is it a VVT engine?

Don't forget to disable fueling and try starting-fluid after the plugs are renewed and compression taken. That is assuming, of course, that you get spark at the end of, at least, one plug wire. No spark at all? Don't bother with the starting-fluid!
It’s coil pack that runs 6 and 3 that’s the one that’s out. Also it’ll take me time to do the compression test never done one before. Yeah the plugs were replaced right before I ran into the no start issue. It just cranks. Yessir it is vvt engine as for the firing order it is 6,3,5,4,2,1

Attachments

• IMG_1488.mov
    31.1 MB

Stirling

Why don't you replace those three plugs with new and it should hit a little if you truly have spark.
I’ll get 6 more plugs and reinstall them. Then do the compression test and the pulling fuses like bill said