Make
Chevy
Model
Malibu Maxx
Year
Miles
Engine
3.5 liter
Car went into a ditch and as a result there is a good size hole in the bottom passenger size corner of the rad. I have only seen one video on youtube on a 2004 malibu max that looks like the same setup as my 2005 and the video only talked about what they had to do without any footage of the actual work. They said that the front bumper and lights needed to come off. Whole front end. They recommended O-rings of some type I think for the coolant lines I believe I just wanted to get opinions on how difficult a job this was if any special tools were required and perhaps how much is shop my charge to do a job like this

grcauto

Got some pictures?

eddieguy

I will try and post a pic in the bottom corner in the plastic that will show the hole in the radiator. Whats kind of strange is ther is like a metal rail below that damaged area but there was so much ground and grass that got up in the area i had to dig alot out to see the damage so even with that metal bracke ground got up in there. The plastic shroud was broken in places. Maybe its possible thar some of the plastic shroud puntured it when it broke with the force. Will try to get a pic but il have to get the right angle because of the metal bracket blocks some of it

eddieguy

I will try and post a pic in the bottom corner in the plastic that will show the hole in the radiator. Whats kind of strange is ther is like a metal rail below that damaged area but there was so much ground and grass that got up in the area i had to dig alot out to see the damage so even with that metal bracke ground got up in there. The plastic shroud was broken in places. Maybe its possible thar some of the plastic shroud puntured it when it broke with the force. Will try to get a pic but il have to get the right angle because of the metal bracket blocks some of it

Attachments

eddieguy

A couple of pics of hole in rad along with some other damage. One pic was to show the cracked plastic that lies under the rad. Things got moved a little on impact. I can move the rad somewhat with my hands

eddieguy

A couple of pics of hole in rad along with some other damage. One pic was to show the cracked plastic that lies under the rad. Things got moved a little on impact. I can move the rad somewhat with my hands
Last pic shows hole best and to the right of that in the pic i think shows some of the broken plastic shroud.

grcauto

It's hard to tell. You probably need both rad supports, plumbing/wiring, bumper cover and paint plus parts. Not cheap

NickD

wrench
Not easy to visualize just the radiator being damaged without the condenser also being damaged. Vehicle was made after 1994 where copper and brass became history replaced by throwaway aluminum.

Use to have two radiator/condenser repair shops in town, now zero.