How's your shop doing; staying busy?

jay

With the housing market heading rapidly in the tanks, has your shop seen increase in business? Read that auto sales are way off; if people can not afford a house, they will not be buying new cars anytime soon.
jay

Ford_Dude

wrench
Well our shop is slow. Not much in the way of tire work, or mechanical. We get the usual stuff, flat repair, oil change, alignment, and sometimes brake work. Also the weather hasn't been real nice, so that kills business.

Ford_Dude

kdauto

wrench
My shop was real slow mid sept to mid oct. It started picking up this week. BEAUTIFUL weather is killing business, actually. People are delaying their winter tire changeovers and are trying to get in all the little repairs at the same time. It ain't gonna work that way at my place. I'll have them come back for non-essential things . Once the snow hits the ground all hell will break loose this year. I'd say I'm at a 55-60% workload right now.

crunch

wrench
Jay I am from NE Missouri USA farm country.
Here the old gray mare is not what she used to be.

Every since the no interest no down payment on new cars push from car dealers things have been a little wackier. :)

But the economy is a little slow here to.
Even public auctions and sales things are going a lot cheaped.
A lot of jobs have been going south of the border and a lot of made in china parts.
And a lot of completion from wall mart repair places and quick lubes and fast lanes and new repair shops and car dealers pushing for repair work.
Crunch

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
October has been the slowest in over 3 years but has finally picked back up, my understanding from my tool dealers is the dealers have been cranked back to sending guys home for over 7 weeks. My friend about 30 miles north has just hired another guy because he is so busy. He also has a fed-ups account as well as the mail trucks in his area. This helps keep people who refer, sending them to him. Transman

kdauto

wrench
Business has really picked up in the last 2 weeks. I've had to work overtime nearly every night these last 2 weeks just to stay on target. A lot of people just put off what was needed and now we are getting hit left and right with all sorts of requests for problems not quoted at appointment time. This week seems a little more normal so far, BUT it's only Monday.