HVAC vacuum diagram for a 2006 E350 Super Duty Van

billj

MR BILL
Website
www.billjohnson.info
One thing I have noticed since fixing the vacuum reservoir problem is that my e350 van has a smother idle. I suppose fixing the vacuum leak would have that effect. Also I was at the junk yard Black Friday ( 50% off day) and I got a kick out of this Chevy van Acme set up

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
One thing I have noticed since fixing the vacuum reservoir problem is that my e350 van has a smother idle.
This would be totally normal and an added bonus to your nice ACME fix. Even with that other pic you posted, that guy had the right idea for sure, he was just not subtle about it. LOL
Too bad you did not fall on that last month, you cold have used his kit for almost free.:D:eek:
ppl are awesome.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
And also a good laugh was a "black friday" scrap yard day. What a hoot. Up here, when we scrap a car/truck, they go to the crusher and sent to china and sent back to us as "new" cars. The damn things rust on the boat whilst coming here.

I am very happy you got good help here. I got my BAT hat and T-shirt by puro. If you like the site, don't hesitate to give the link to others.

You are a bonified good here now in my book.;):beer::bat:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Not to be anal about wording, but smother and smoother have two totally different meanings in my french brain. I think you meant to say smoother, because if you feel the idle is now smothered, that is quite worrisome.

jd

That underhood bomb on GM vans was OEM. Look up the makes/models/years that used an ACME. It goes on and on and on. Might be the single-port one like the pic shows and like we used, or the two-port with on-board check valve, but the little biters were popular.

Glad you got an extra benefit, Bill, with that smOOther running.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Yes Jd, I do remember the GM models strapped that right under the hood. That was a trip down memory lane.

I appreciate a good laugh. smOOth! I was just a bit anxious if the wording was wrong in my head.

On a sad note yet funny note, just went to my local grocery store and saw a man pushing a girl about. I intervened and used a tactical way, grabbed him by the throat and squeezed hard enough for him to bend. I do know the cameras are directed in that spot.

But when I squeezed hard enough, I was still able to hang on to my grocery bag. The guy said he was sorry and was very compliant after that. I feel I had a good day.

It seems the first of the month brings out the worst of ppl like that.

Pieces of sh$t like that would have deserved more back in the day. I am getting better. So I got to hold on to my broccoli salad with feta cheese and the girl was not thrown about and maybe that guy will know there are still gentleman in this world.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
It is -10 or 15c and she was in a short dress. No way I was going to let this guy manhandle her this way.

On a better note, I fixed my friends nissan Vtech. Took only 20-30 minutes, but my figurines where frozen. I see alot of Vtech probs in the future, techs should read up on this because this is going to be a huge problem and shortages of parts.

Will probably seriously go see my doctor for my hand problem. Billr is in the know. Dupuytrens syndrome.

It affects the nerves and the tendons of the 3rd or 4th digit of the hand. Also commonly known as mechanics syndrome. My left hand can no longer extend as before, and my ring right fingering is also crawling down too. Gotto love this job, it will scrap you and give nothing in return. Wish I would have listened to others, and went down to work in warmer climates.

Last edited: